Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider
AWS Educate VPS Review - Printable Version

+- Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider (https://post4vps.com)
+-- Forum: VPS Discussion (https://post4vps.com/Forum-VPS-Discussion)
+--- Forum: VPS Reviews (https://post4vps.com/Forum-VPS-Reviews)
+--- Thread: AWS Educate VPS Review (/Thread-AWS-Educate-VPS-Review)

Pages: 1 2

AWS Educate VPS Review - humanpuff69 - 05-11-2017

I recently get my aws educate account from github student pack . so now in this forum i will review the VPS . the specs is not really that good because i think there are limit in credit but i cannot see it . but there is the specs
  • 1xvCPU (no intensive cpu task)
  • 1GB RAM
  • 30GB SSD
  • Xen Virtualization (i see my network adapter is Xen . so it probably using Xen)
  • Windows Or linux (i choose windows)
  • Oregon,US Location . i tried singapore but they dont let me to do it so i forced to use the orgeon 
Well now i will show the thing that you waiting for . the benchmark

First i start by checking the internet speed . it is actually great but for some reason my rdp is lagging when i doing my notepad++ html editing
[Image: ihpr0Vr.png]
so i test it to connect to my nearest location . the speed is decent but the ping is the problem . it is huge . it is not reccomended for game server . also when i access the website that i host on it . it is longer to load than most website 
[Image: Ku9tynG.png]
so network speed i think good for the user that near the location but for me . not really good

OK so next is the CPU Speed . i use CPU-Z to benchmark the CPU performance . well this VPS only have 1 core . this VPS is using rather new processor . it is better than what i thought .
[Image: G5NtQBk.png]
The benchmark result is disappointing . i compare it to AMD Ryzen and the xeon is losing pretty much . but for some game intell is better i dont know why
[Image: kOBz48m.png]
well that test isnt fair because the Xeon only 1 core and it is shared

So the last thing to check is the disk speed . i use CrystalMark to test the disk and it is actually sort of decent . by the way the VPS is powered by SSD and the SSD is shared so that is why i not getting the full speed
[Image: ILC17oa.png]

Conclusion Time:
what i think about the vps? well for light task like web hosting it is sort of usable even though from my location the speed isnt the greatest . for game server probably no . the ping is just too damn high . so i will only use it for experimenting with the vps and web hosting also php development and testing (im learning php right now)

Rate: 6/10 : The pricing of this VPS if you buy it from AWS is around $12/month excluding the storage . and if you want vps at that price i suggest you to just buy VPS from another provider . VirMach sponsor of VPS 9 sell 8GB VPS for just $12 but it is openVZ but if you need KVM you can also get it from Host4Fun the sponsor of VPS 1 6GB VPS for just $10 USD . and also you get 100GB Storage if you get the VirMach 8GB VPS and not counting VirMach and Host4Fun Vps at the same price all have 4 Cpu Core VS one on AWS . network isnt good enough the only thing that i have this vps because it is free . i get it from github student pack

that is my review of the AWS Educate VPS . what do you think? comment below

RE: AWS Educate VPS Review - Vuluts - 05-11-2017

@humanpuff69 based on it's specs it is way too pricey compare to other VPS providers, in short it is not worth it's price.

(05-11-2017, 01:23 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: Host4Fun the sponsor of VPS 1 6GB VPS for just $10 USD .

VPS 1 6GB? I've check the VPS plan information and VPS 1 offers only 1 GB of RAM

RE: AWS Educate VPS Review - humanpuff69 - 05-11-2017

(05-11-2017, 02:04 PM)Vuluts Wrote: @humanpuff69 based on it's specs it is way too pricey compare to other VPS providers, in short it is not worth it's price.

VPS 1 6GB? I've check the VPS plan information and VPS 1 offers only 1 GB of RAM

i mean Host4Fun provide 6GB KVM for 10$ . i say that Host4Fun provide VPS1 not VPS 1 is 6GB of ram

RE: AWS Educate VPS Review - Dudi - 04-07-2018

How much monthly bandwidth does Amazon allow for student in this free plan?

RE: AWS Educate VPS Review - tiwil - 04-07-2018

How can I get this plan? I use Github student pack to connect to them but then, they're asking me for .edu email which I don't have any.
Really want to try this one.

RE: AWS Educate VPS Review - Dudi - 04-07-2018

(04-07-2018, 02:21 PM)tiwil Wrote: How can I get this plan? I use Github student pack to connect to them but then, they're asking me for .edu email which I don't have any.
Really want to try this one.

You can scan and then send them your student id card over email.
I think only US students get .edu address.

RE: AWS Educate VPS Review - tiwil - 04-08-2018

(04-07-2018, 04:39 PM)Dudi Wrote: You can scan and then send them your student id card over email.
I think only US students get .edu address.

I registered using my non .edu email, and I got my application not approved. They said, I should directly contact them. So then I contact them, after that I don't get any email. So what should I do? XD

RE: AWS Educate VPS Review - humanpuff69 - 04-14-2018

(04-08-2018, 03:47 AM)tiwil Wrote: I registered using my non .edu email, and I got my application not approved. They said, I should directly contact them. So then I contact them, after that I don't get any email. So what should I do? XD

you dont need edu email but in return you need to send a copy of your student id

RE: AWS Educate VPS Review - tiwil - 04-14-2018

(04-14-2018, 01:12 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: you dont need edu email but in return you need to send a copy of your student id

I do, they seem doesn't really take care my application. As it's more than 1 week and I don't get any kind of email from them. That's awful.

RE: AWS Educate VPS Review - Kururin - 04-15-2018

Better be careful with AWS, They seems to charge by hours and you will quickly burn off credits (the free ones) and might have to pay. Always monitor your usage and be sure to check how many credits you have left. Also only US gets .edu doesn't mean you can register. I think you can sign up with school email and they will give you the discount. It depends on whether you can prove that you are a student or not.