Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider
Running a Windows Server - Printable Version

+- Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider (https://post4vps.com)
+-- Forum: VPS Discussion (https://post4vps.com/Forum-VPS-Discussion)
+--- Forum: VPS Support (https://post4vps.com/Forum-VPS-Support)
+--- Thread: Running a Windows Server (/Thread-Running-a-Windows-Server)

Pages: 1 2

Running a Windows Server - xdude - 10-02-2015

Here here are some really nice KVM vps so I guess most of us would go for windows servers. Now the biggest problem we have a Windows License issue. cobalt-zack unable to provide Windows license which make sense since this is a free service and Windows stuff are quite expensive.

So sooner or later we all Windows users here gonna face this problem and I wonder what options do we have to deal with it.

At server-verleih.eu I think they use some kind of 2008 180 trial or something and that might be the best option we can have too.  anyone here know anything about these long trials ?

RE: Running a Windows Server - TrK - 10-02-2015

These trials are provided by microsoft in all version of windows(windows 8 and after) and also pirated windows has 180 day trials.

you can expand it by running command interface as admin.
and then run the below command

Code:
SLMGR /REARM
(note you can use this command only three times)

i was using this when i got a windows vps from databasemart and this worked.

RE: Running a Windows Server - Crypt-K - 10-02-2015

(10-02-2015, 06:07 AM)xdude Wrote: Here here are some really nice KVM vps so I guess most of us would go for windows servers. Now the biggest problem we have a Windows License issue. cobalt-zack unable to provide Windows license which make sense since this is a free service and Windows stuff are quite expensive.

So sooner or later we all Windows users here gonna face this problem and I wonder what options do we have to deal with it.

At server-verleih.eu I think they use some kind of 2008 180 trial or something and that might be the best option we can have too.  anyone here know anything about these long trials ?

You do not need a windows license to run a windows server you can use the internet just by installing the interface ISO.

RE: Running a Windows Server - Rishabh Jain - 10-02-2015

(10-02-2015, 06:07 AM)xdude Wrote: Here here are some really nice KVM vps so I guess most of us would go for windows servers. Now the biggest problem we have a Windows License issue. cobalt-zack unable to provide Windows license which make sense since this is a free service and Windows stuff are quite expensive.

as long as the 180 Days trial is concerned you can easily get that just by googling it. Microsoft Provide 180 Days trial officially and also 90 Days can be further increased by using a legal trick (altho i do not know how but HR told me this once) and for project SV they have there own windows licence may be VL

RE: Running a Windows Server - Sagnik - 10-04-2015

I can give you UNLIMITED numbers of Windows 2012 keys...(Microsoft DreamSpark-Azure)

RE: Running a Windows Server - dweiruk - 04-23-2016

(10-04-2015, 04:52 PM)Sagnik Wrote: I can give you UNLIMITED numbers of Windows 2012 keys...(Microsoft DreamSpark-Azure)

you cant give unlimited as its limited to 2 PC I am sure it used to be through Dreamspark

RE: Running a Windows Server - meetdilip - 04-23-2016

What is Microsoft DreamSpark-Azure ? Do they offer free Windows keys to account holders ?

RE: Running a Windows Server - RickB - 04-23-2016

(04-23-2016, 12:05 PM)meetdilip Wrote: What is Microsoft DreamSpark-Azure ? Do they offer free Windows keys to account holders ?

DreamSpark offers free licenses of MS software and resouces at Azure to students.

RE: Running a Windows Server - meetdilip - 04-24-2016

I see. So DreamSpark is a scheme name by Microsoft ? Available only in US ?

RE: Running a Windows Server - xdude - 04-24-2016

(04-24-2016, 01:05 AM)meetdilip Wrote: I see. So DreamSpark is a scheme name by Microsoft ? Available only in US ?

I think it's internationally available but only for students.