Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider
Anyone Here Owns a DSLR Camera ? - Printable Version

+- Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider (https://post4vps.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://post4vps.com/Forum-General-Chat)
+--- Forum: Hobbies (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Hobbies)
+--- Thread: Anyone Here Owns a DSLR Camera ? (/Thread-Anyone-Here-Owns-a-DSLR-Camera)

Pages: 1 2 3

Anyone Here Owns a DSLR Camera ? - xdude - 07-21-2018

So finally I'm going to buy a DSLR camera. I wanted one for long time but I had taken a break from all photography thing for a while. Now I'm planning to go off on long 18 day vacation in August I thought it's time to finally get one. I do like photography, specially WildLife and Macro. Previously I used a Canon SX10IS, it's  Bridge camera with 20x tele photo lens. When it came one it was the best in market and I was able to make some great pics with that model. I used it for more than 5-6 years before it died of old age. lol   You can see some pics I taken from it here,
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dudexyx/

Now since I don't have a big budget and this is my first DSLR, I'm planning to get a used one. It's going to be a Nikon one because accessories are cheaper than Canon. I have set my eyes on Nikon model called D5300. It basically has everything I need plus lots of features which I don't need but fun to play with.  Trying to find one here for about 300-350 usd. A used one with a kit lens, of course which has a low shutter count.

So who do have DSLR cameras here ? Any opinions ?

RE: Anyone Here Owns a DSLR Camera ? - deanhills - 07-21-2018

Congratulations on the new camera @xdude. It's really interesting that Nikon is cheaper than Canon. I remember in my earlier days when I was into cameras that Nikon always used to be way more expensive than Canon. I've always been with Canon but on a much smaller scale than you are. I got a very small camera, but it is amazing how powerful they can be. I purchased it in 2012 and it's still got specs that are good to this day.

But DSLR takes one to a much more professional level of course. Can just imagine you will be able to create your own original images for your Websites. Hopefully you will share your experiences with us.

RE: Anyone Here Owns a DSLR Camera ? - xdude - 07-23-2018

Thanks, @deanhills

I think Nikon Point n Shoot cameras are expensive than Canon. Also it's not the camera I'm saying is cheap. Its all those accessories. When it comes to DSLR we only get's a Camera body. We need to buy Lenses separate. Canon Lenses are expensive than Nikon Lenses.

These days there is a hybrid version of cameras between DSLRs and Point n Shoot. These are called Bridge cameras. These cameras are small and cheaper than DSLR cameras. But produce higher quality images and have more settings than a compact cameras. Best part is these cams have a inbuilt telephoto lens with a big optical zoom. Newest Bridge cameras has 60x Optical zoom. You can take amazing long range photos. To do same thing with a DSLR you need an expensive lens. If you like to explore big more about photography without going for a expensive DSLR kit then these are the best option.

RE: Anyone Here Owns a DSLR Camera ? - deanhills - 07-23-2018

(07-23-2018, 05:16 AM)xdude Wrote: Thanks, @deanhills

These days there is a hybrid version of cameras between DSLRs and Point n Shoot. These are called Bridge cameras. These cameras are small and cheaper than DSLR cameras. But produce higher quality images and have more settings than a compact cameras. Best part is these cams have a inbuilt telephoto lens with a big optical zoom. Newest Bridge cameras has 60x Optical zoom. You can take amazing long range photos. To do same thing with a DSLR you need an expensive lens. If you like to explore big more about photography without going for a expensive DSLR kit then these are the best option.
Thanks for the suggestion @xdude.  Do you know of a very good bridge camera you can recommend?  I particularly like the idea of cheaper than DSLR, smaller but high quality images.  Was unaware of their existence.

RE: Anyone Here Owns a DSLR Camera ? - xdude - 07-23-2018

Well tell me your budget range and I will find a good model for you. It doesn't really has to be a latest camera model. Just has to make sure you get your moneys worth. You can see in my Flickr pics I have taken from my SX10 long time ago. That model is too old but there are so many have come to market. But I think Conon still is the fore runner in this market.

But bottom line is once you get any camera you need to understand it's limits and capabilities. Then you must make good use of what it can do best. Smile

RE: Anyone Here Owns a DSLR Camera ? - IEpicDestroyer - 07-23-2018

I typically hear about Canon more often than Nikon but I think they are both good brands to choose from in terms of DSLR cameras. I would love to get my hands on one of those camera but the price of them are really holding me off... Sad

RE: Anyone Here Owns a DSLR Camera ? - tiwil - 07-23-2018

Haha, seems funny that maybe I only the one ever hear that "Canon is for hobby and Nikon is better to work as photographer."
I don't know if it's true or not. I only know Canon variant and already using Canon back in the day. I was comparing my friend Nikon and Canon, don't know where is the difference between them two.

RE: Anyone Here Owns a DSLR Camera ? - xdude - 07-24-2018

@tiwil

I think that's just what Canon user would say. A big difference between Canon and Nikon is Canon has soo many series of cameras then they release so many models every year. Sometimes there is not big difference between 2 versions of same model. It reminds me Photoshop. lol Nikon don't release too many models so usually their upgrades usually do have something new. When it comes to Point n Shoot cameras I think overole Canon is better because their models usually have more functions and features. But an average person who buys a compact camera rarely use most of these functions. Most people just want point and shoot expecting camera to take care of the rest.

Comparing these two brands are basically have no point. Both brands have some great camera models as well as those didn't work so well. But if you like to do something more than pointing and shooting but can't afford a DSLR or don't have that much need of it then go for a Bridge camera. These days you can buy bit older model or used one for quite cheap on ebay or Amazon. Sometimes you can find even better used offers on local buy n sell sites.

RE: Anyone Here Owns a DSLR Camera ? - Khadeer143 - 07-26-2018

i dont have dslr camera i dont need of that too its costly and very pro camera for taking awesome pics very range specifications

RE: Anyone Here Owns a DSLR Camera ? - Golden - 08-05-2018

They are nice but they cost a lot of money and the technology keeps evolving I think new ones will come out soon.