Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider
CloudFlare and VSFTPD - Printable Version

+- Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider (https://post4vps.com)
+-- Forum: Web Technology & Internet (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Web-Technology-Internet)
+--- Forum: SEO Optimization (https://post4vps.com/Forum-SEO-Optimization)
+--- Thread: CloudFlare and VSFTPD (/Thread-CloudFlare-and-VSFTPD)

CloudFlare and VSFTPD - Rehan - 09-23-2018

Hello Guys, I have hosted a website on ubuntu with ( apache/PHPMyAdmin/SQL ).I used Cloudflare for DNS management.I am not sure about Cloudflare settings. Now when I browser using domain name website homepage open. But when I click any sub-link/login-page the link is auto changed to the IP. Can someone help me with it?

Also, i want some information about vsftpd.I have installed it. I searched google/youtube for managing the users but I am unable to understand. I want to create an FTP user with a directory can anyone explain me. I added a user in user list but how can I set the password?

RE: CloudFlare and VSFTPD - TrK - 09-23-2018

As for cloudflare i don't think its a cloudflare problem it can be problem with hyperlink address you defined on your website for accurate answer please share your website so i can look up, as for vsftpd i guess the system users are able to login and operate ftp so you have to change password from passwd command like passwd user(you have to have an user with username i guess) and you are good to go.

RE: CloudFlare and VSFTPD - Rehan - 09-23-2018

@TrK i have sent you website link in private.
Hmm.You mean the information i use for logging in vps?But that does not works.I already tried.

As for website i checked and you are using wordpress so you have to edit wp-config.php to change your website address and everything else should be fine.

Have you tried logging in with a new user instead of root? if not then create a new user and let me know.

RE: CloudFlare and VSFTPD - Rehan - 09-23-2018

(09-23-2018, 11:44 AM)TrK Wrote: As for website i checked and you are using wordpress so you have to edit wp-config.php to change your website address and everything else should be fine.

Have you tried logging in with a new user instead of root? if not then create a new user and let me know.

Thanks for telling.Wordpress problem has been solved.I simply updated the wordpress url from the wordpress admin panel.Its working fine now.

But i am still unable to manage that ftp server.You said i should try logging in with a new user.But when i created i did not made any password.As you mentioned in a earlier post i should use passwd.But it is not working well.is there any other ftp server which can be used or i have to learn it?Whenever i put the ftp info with a new-user and my root password it shows.

Code:
ERROR: There was an error connecting to the server, Please verify the settings are correct.

Your problem is in your ftp server itself it seems like it is not running at all or you have modified ports? have you tried sftp aka SSHFTP/SHFTP it works without any ftp server installed(i always uses sftp though i don't want ftp server running on my server).

RE: CloudFlare and VSFTPD - Rehan - 09-24-2018

I have re-installed vsftp and configured it.But i am still facing a problem and that is directory.Whenever i upload wordpress plugins it says ftp required.The user i create for ftp works only with its default directory.I updated directory in /etc/passwd.

Code:
ftppl:x:1001:1001:,,,:/var/www/html/wp-content:/bin/bash

Also i have updated the ownership of " /var/www/html ". I updated " usermod --home /var/www/html ftppl "
But still when i use ftp it show

Code:
500 OOPS: cannot change directory:/home/ftppl/ftp

RE: CloudFlare and VSFTPD - TrK - 09-24-2018

I guess you are not familiar with vsftpd user functions and setup then follow the guidelines provided here https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-vsftpd-for-a-user-s-directory-on-ubuntu-16-04