Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider
Best? Chrome vs firefox - Printable Version

+- Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider (https://post4vps.com)
+-- Forum: Geek World (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Geek-World)
+--- Forum: Software (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Software)
+--- Thread: Best? Chrome vs firefox (/Thread-Best-Chrome-vs-firefox)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Best? Chrome vs firefox - Abinash - 10-10-2018

Hello folks,
I just reinstalled new windows on my laptop last week, and was looking for a good web browsers. I'm a Chrome-oholic but was actually wondering if i can get a better web browser than google chrome. Googled the thing, went through different web browser comparison blogs and shits, and what i see is that firefox claiming that it's the best web browser according to the performance and memory consumption. So, i just checked their website and i see that it claims to be 2x more faster and uses 30% less memory than chrome. I downloaded the thing and wanted to try that out and experience if it really is the thing as it's mentioned in their website.

After like a lots of tests, i got to know that it even eats more ram than chrome does lol. I wonder on what basis they say that's it's better than google chrome.  I would like to hear some opinions, so what do you guys say? Which one is better eh?

For me, chrome used to be the best and still is the best web browser. It's eats less ram and it rocks performance wise.

RE: Best? Chrome vs firefox - deanhills - 10-10-2018

I'm sentimental about FireFox but have to agree with you from experience. FireFox is not as flawless and smooth in operation as Chrome. What I like about it though in preference to Chrome is its options for surfing privately. Also, you don't have to be logged in with FireFox to make changes to your FireFox settings. With Chrome every time you start a new session, you have to be logged in for the settings to stick. I'm just an anti-Google person from that point of view - Google loves to get hold of all of your info. Chrome is the better browser, but I use it mostly for general deep searches and Firefox for my Forum posting. Another plus for Firefox is the plugin for being able to save YouTube videos. I can't find the same free plugin for Chrome. And of course even if i should find an alternative free plugin, I'd have to be logged in with Chrome to be able to use it. So when I'm using YouTube Firefox is also my preferred browser for doing that. I don't have to be logged in with Firefox for using my Firefox plugins.

RE: Best? Chrome vs firefox - Abinash - 10-10-2018

You don't need to be logged-in chrome in order to use their extensions, but they do ask you to log in to your google account when you are up to download extensions from their web store. I do remember there used to be some youtube video downloader extension for chrome as well, but it seems like they deleted it from their store for some reason.
I have to agree with you that chrome loves to have the hold of all of your information, and this is the thing which annoys me too.

RE: Best? Chrome vs firefox - deanhills - 10-11-2018

(10-10-2018, 05:16 AM)Abinash Wrote: You don't need to be logged-in chrome in order to use their extensions, but they do ask you to log in to your google account when you are up to download extensions from their web store. I do remember there used to be some youtube video downloader extension for chrome as well, but it seems like they deleted it from their store for some reason.
I have to agree with you that chrome loves to have the hold of all of your information, and this is the thing which annoys me too.
My experience was different.  I could download an extension that was a free extension with Google, but during the next session it was gone.  Only way I can keep it for the longer term is to log in and to add the extension under my account.  I definitely want ZERO connection with their Web store.  I don't want my pay information on their records.  I have a serious distrust of Google and the level of its care of its customers.  Google is there to make big bucks for its investors.  That is its bottom line.  FireFox probably isn't that innocent, but it's the lesser evil of the two for me.  I've lived many years with FireFox.  My compromise with Google is to use it as superficially as I'm able to do - it's probably tracking my IP, but I'm not giving it my personal info as far as I can help it.

RE: Best? Chrome vs firefox - Vuluts - 10-11-2018

IMHO I use both, since Chrome is faster than Mozilla but in terms of security I prefer Mozilla over Chrome. I used Chrome for browsing and Mozilla for personal thingy like social media.

RE: Best? Chrome vs firefox - chanalku91 - 10-12-2018

At least I Choose Forefox! And Puffin !!!
Because It Has A Feature Called Add On (Firefox) And For Puffins I Use It To Open Sites Blocked By The Government! and it has Cloud speeds of up to 1.2 Gbps

RE: Best? Chrome vs firefox - sagher - 10-12-2018

Mozilla firefox is my ever choice instead of chrome. many addons and plugins issues with chrome. also firefox have fast browsing and lite to open and works. chrome takes more time to open and work delay.

RE: Best? Chrome vs firefox - Khadeer143 - 10-12-2018

firefox is far better then google chrome im using mozilla firfox from past 2 years i can see improvents , speed which is best then chrome best part i like in fire fox is screenshoot options enable with browsing i like this part of firefox so mozilla fire fox is better for me!

RE: Best? Chrome vs firefox - perry - 10-12-2018

I'm a Mozilla user for about 8 years now. (start of my internet career)
and I must say I've have never been disappointed.

its been solid for years.
about chrome is only on the popularity.

RE: Best? Chrome vs firefox - Vuluts - 10-12-2018

@perryoo11 Yes, chrome is popular since it was a Google software. Even in mobiles today Google Chrome is one of the bloatware that are already installed in mobiles that is why there is no chance that you will not know google chrome as a broswer.