Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider
My new laptop mouse - Logi M187! - Printable Version

+- Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider (https://post4vps.com)
+-- Forum: Geek World (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Geek-World)
+--- Forum: Hardware & Technology (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Hardware-Technology)
+--- Thread: My new laptop mouse - Logi M187! (/Thread-My-new-laptop-mouse-Logi-M187)

My new laptop mouse - Logi M187! - deanhills - 05-23-2019

So last night my laptop trusted mouse - tiny LG - stopped working. I did everything to see whether I could fix it - rebooted the laptop, dusted the mouse.  But it wouldn't budge.  It was a wired infrared mouse and has been serving me well since 2012 when I purchased my Toshiba laptop.  I'm in Canada, and not too familiar with the computer hardware environment.  London Drugs is quite famous here for having really good and well stocked computer departments, however there wasn't much of a variety of mouses on offer. I first showed the little LG mouse to the technical department and received confirmation the mouse was no longer working. So in the end the only mouse that looked OK was a very small wireless Logitech Mouse called Logi M187.  

Turned out to be a winner.  It installed very fast.  What was nice was it already came with a battery.  Performance so far has been great.  I'm really happy that it's so small, as that makes it very easy to pack when I travel.
https://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Wireless-Mini-Mouse-M187/dp/B0093H4XG8/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=m187&qid=1558590168&s=electronics&sr=1-1

Then later in the afternoon I bumped into a genuine Computer Store - Canada Computers - that is focused on gaming laptops and gaming mice.  You should have seen some of the gaming keyboards - like an amazing variety.  This time round I had a great variety of mouses on offer with great prices.  So bought a very cheap wired backup mouse - iCAN M254, just in case the Logitech one should not work out. Hopefully I won't be needing the backup mouse soon, but at least I discovered a great shop for computer equipment.  The laptops are amazing.

Here is a selection of mice that are available at Canada Computers Store:
https://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?cPath=21_279_579&item_id=093896&language=en&pr=0-24.99&page=3

RE: My new laptop mouse - Logi M187! - xdude - 05-23-2019

Recently I also had to change mouse. I had an Amazing Genius Laptop mouse which was a usb one. It had decided to die after providing me great service for more than 2 years, maybe 3. I had 3 mouses apart from this one which I was keeping as backups. There was this HP Wireless mouse which I loved. It was one feels heavy on hand and has great control. But unfortunately the wireless adapter had gone missing rendering the mouse useless. So had to settle on other Wireless mouse which I hadn't used till that time. It was little bit lighter and I have quite hard to time getting used to it. Its just now when I saw your thread I released now Im used to its speed and timing.

RE: My new laptop mouse - Logi M187! - arsalahmed786 - 05-23-2019

Recently my brother bought Gaming mouse (He is Graphic Designer) Don't know why he purchased gaming mouse he only play MTA:SA, But the mouse is really smooth and light in weight. He purchased "AULA SI-9006" And i'm using very bad setup, worst PC, worst keyboard, Worst mouse, Only LED is better then other things. I'm using normal "HP USB Optical Mouse" Wish our flat problem resolved so i can manage some cash to purchase better things.

RE: My new laptop mouse - Logi M187! - Rzarcasm - 09-05-2019

Logitech is very good with their headsets and mice, but I have ran into some problems with MX MASTER 3 mouse from them and it gets stuck in a loop of not connecting with the wireless USB. I have also been looking for a mini-mouse for my carry on laptop, so I thank you for posting this review. Smile

RE: My new laptop mouse - Logi M187! - deanhills - 09-05-2019

(09-05-2019, 03:19 AM)Rzarcasm Wrote: Logitech is very good with their headsets and mice, but I have ran into some problems with MX MASTER 3 mouse from them and it gets stuck in a loop of not connecting with the wireless USB. I have also been looking for a mini-mouse for my carry on laptop, so I thank you for posting this review. Smile

I'm also having problems with the new laptop mouse. I don't know though whether it's the Browser or the mouse. Every now and then, like regularly, whenever I select text, when I leave the selection it may jump or select more text. I've got to be so careful with selecting text as I can easily delete the wrong selection when it jumps like that. But again, I'm not sure whether that's a browser or mouse issue.

RE: My new laptop mouse - Logi M187! - LightDestory - 09-05-2019

Well, "gaming mouse" is a very interesting topic. There are a lot of thinking about it:
  • It should be wired because wireless communication adds a delay to the input. The so called "input lag";
  • It should be weight customizable because different game needs different "sensitivity". As far I know only one mouse archived this;
  • Its DPI variable features is considered "cheating" in some games;
  • Without mappable side-buttons it is not a gaming mouse;
  • Mouse "form-factor" must be customizable with different sets of accessories;

If we compare a gaming mouse to a "no-gaming" one you will notice that: "no-gaming" one doesn't have high range of DPI, doesn't have RGB (the most important thing nowadays for some people), no side-mappable buttons, no customizable hand form and if you are using a wireless one, the receiver will work over 2.4Ghz.

Moreover, doesn't exist a "perfect" gaming mouse, all the listed features are hardly together is a single product.

Nowadays the market is so full of mouses that the term "gaming" is abused. We tag everything as a gaming level product when they don't are like that. A lot of "standard mouses" are sold as gaming hardware by just adding RGB and DPI ranges, but we can't complain about it. The concept of "gaming" is so vague and fashion-based that it is so easy to mistake a "rich gaming related features" mouse from a "only fashion feature" one, or vice-versa.
Quote:I'm also having problems with the new laptop mouse. I don't know though whether it's the Browser or the mouse. Every now and then, like regularly, whenever I select text, when I leave the selection it may jump or select more text. I've got to be so careful with selecting text as I can easily delete the wrong selection when it jumps like that. But again, I'm not sure whether that's a browser or mouse issue.
@deanhills this issue can be related to low battery inside the mouse or signal disturbs for the 2.4Ghz frequency. Try using the mouse with a new battery in a "isolated place" without any radios surrounding you.

To conclude, I like the Mad Catz R.A.T series but they are too much expensive for me!

RE: My new laptop mouse - Logi M187! - GodLikeGill - 09-06-2019

I used to own a Logitech mouse , and honestly Logitech mouse are really reliable for me , I had been using that mouse for over 4 years and it had to no problem , which was unbelievable! 4 Years for a mouse , i dont hear that often considering it was super cheap as well , 5 $. Then i recently bought a gaming pc , So i decided to change my keyboard to an RGB keyboard , I was just searching around for keyboards in Shops , then i stumbled upon this Keyboard Mouse Combo from Intex (Intex Gaming KB & Mouse Combo-400 Black USB Wired Desktop Keyboard) , and OMG , the price for it was really cheap considering the mouse and keyboard are RBG , I got it for 11 USD from retailer. Im still using it and it is working great *touchwood* , Here is the picture of the appearance of the mouse , you can search it on Amazon aswell , on how it looks , i gotta say I think this is one of the best and worth purchase I did.

RE: My new laptop mouse - Logi M187! - Rzarcasm - 09-08-2019

(09-05-2019, 04:47 AM)deanhills Wrote: I'm also having problems with the new laptop mouse.  I don't know though whether it's the Browser or the mouse.  Every now and then, like regularly, whenever I select text, when I leave the selection it may jump or select more text.  I've got to be so careful with selecting text as I can easily delete the wrong selection when it jumps like that.  But again, I'm not sure whether that's a browser or mouse issue.

I did recently check into the warranty of my product, and I think you should too if you can't get this solved. Logitech is very good with their support in warranty and they are extremely helpful individuals when it comes to this, you just file a claim right on their website and they go through a thorough troubleshooting process. If those steps do not work they will then verify some of your information and send you out a replacement extremely easy. But I think their warranty only lasts a year or two, still better than most companies.

Some of the products they have glitch up from time to time for everyone, unfortunately. But as another poster mentioned it could definitely be different frequencies of things around you. Logitech is a terrific company but I am not sure if I will keep buying mouse/keyboard combos from them, or headsets for that matter. As much as I trust them, a lot of their products my friends have had the same troubles with.

RE: My new laptop mouse - Logi M187! - deanhills - 09-08-2019

(09-08-2019, 12:21 AM)Rzarcasm Wrote: Some of the products they have glitch up from time to time for everyone, unfortunately. But as another poster mentioned it could definitely be different frequencies of things around you. Logitech is a terrific company but I am not sure if I will keep buying mouse/keyboard combos from them, or headsets for that matter. As much as I trust them, a lot of their products my friends have had the same troubles with.
You're so very right, and for me it makes sense.  Whenever a company goes into HUGE mass production of items, there is a real possibility of flaws.  One would hope they're doing quality testing, but possibly flaws can slip through, and maybe there are others like me with the same issue who are similarly to me thinking it's not worth it to report.  

What is interesting though, I haven't experienced this problem with non-wireless mice.  The other day when I was using a HP mouse on a spare laptop that I hadn't used in a while - my old ThinkPad - and that mouse is connected with a cable - i.e. not wireless, I didn't have issues with text selection.  So it must be the wiring part of being a wireless mouse that is creating the issue.

So what @LightDestory said about battery could be true (although the mouse was brand-new), but what makes greater sense is the signal disturbs.  Or maybe there's something else that I still have to discover.  Maybe a little tweak in the settings I haven't come across yet, that will make a difference.  I'm still hoping to find something like that.  Tongue

Interesting though that my wireless keyboard is working perfect. Has to be the precision design of ability of the wireless mouse to select and hold text. When I have time one day I'll Google it a little more in detail.

RE: My new laptop mouse - Logi M187! - ikk157 - 10-30-2019

I honestly prefer the cheap keyboard + trackpad combinations. I really don’t understand the point in spending so much on such a simple thing.