Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider
Virtualization type for dedicated server - Printable Version

+- Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider (https://post4vps.com)
+-- Forum: Geek World (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Geek-World)
+--- Forum: Hardware & Technology (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Hardware-Technology)
+--- Thread: Virtualization type for dedicated server (/Thread-Virtualization-type-for-dedicated-server)

Pages: 1 2

Virtualization type for dedicated server - Manal - 07-16-2019

I want to sell dedicated server but without giving them panel. I have an idea, I would install Virtualizor and make a VPS out of it. A VPS that has full resources of the dedi including all speed and everything. It will be single VPS hosted on that single dedicated server. 
Talking about virtualization, which is the best you prefer? I would actually list the product as Dedicated server on my website. 

KVM
LXC
Promox KVM
Proxmox LXC

needed expert advice

(Sorry if this is a wrong section).

RE: Virtualization type for dedicated server - arsalahmed786 - 07-16-2019

It called VDS "Virtual Dedicated Server" (If i'm not wrong) search about it you will find useful articles.

RE: Virtualization type for dedicated server - Manal - 07-16-2019

(07-16-2019, 03:07 PM)arsalahmed786 Wrote: It called VDS "Virtual Dedicated Server" (If i'm not wrong) search about it you will find useful articles.

VPS bundles

A VPS is a virtual private server which offers CPU, disk I/O, and system limit with different VPSs on the equivalent physical server. We offer VPS bundles on either LXC or KVM virtualization at Shadow Hosting

VDS bundles

A VDS is a virtual devoted server with every CPU center distributed to a solitary server. Along these lines, the CPU isn't shared between different virtual servers. disk I/O and system limit are as yet shared, however in a situation with lesser rivalry because of less servers on the dedicated server.

RE: Virtualization type for dedicated server - arsalahmed786 - 07-16-2019

(07-16-2019, 03:12 PM)Manal Wrote: VPS bundles

A VPS is a virtual private server which offers CPU, disk I/O, and system limit with different VPSs on the equivalent physical server. We offer VPS bundles on either LXC or KVM virtualization at Shadow Hosting

VDS bundles

A VDS is a virtual devoted server with every CPU center distributed to a solitary server. Along these lines, the CPU isn't shared between different virtual servers. disk I/O and system limit are as yet shared, however in a situation with lesser rivalry because of less servers on the dedicated server.

Hmm i'm not an expert, Obviously you knows better then me. But yeah thanks for the knowledge.
Let's wait for expert's advice. I'm also curious about it.

RE: Virtualization type for dedicated server - rudra - 07-16-2019

obviously people will want kvm or proxmox kvm (ve).cause it will allow windows and others. No point in choosing containers in your case that i see.

RE: Virtualization type for dedicated server - Mashiro - 07-16-2019

A virtualized server that occupies the full resources and allows dedicated use of these resources is a VDS (virtual dedicated server) as @arsalahmed786 mentioned. Not to be confused with VPSs where you get dedicated resource but that run on dedicated servers where the available resources are shared between multiple VPSs!

You may however basically see different explanations. Imagine you have a big server with 16 cores, 32 GB RAM and 8x 2 TB HDDs. You could easily split this into four VDS with 4 cores, 8 GB and 2 TB in RAID1 or 4 TB in RAID0 per VDS. Get a server with 8 IPs (-2 for network address, broadcast address and -1 for gateway) which will have 5 usable IPs. 1 IP goes for the hostnode and the other 4 IPs are split between the four VDSs.

I fully agree with @rudra. Container virtualization is absolutely useless in this case. You need to use full hardware virtualization such as KVM or Proxmox KVM. The great thing with Proxmox KVM is that the user gets a great control panel along with the server.

Also if you really plan to sell VDSs make sure you learn a lot about KVM. With a VDS I would expect full feature passthrough of all possible CPU extensions, full CPU details and so on. So it really acts more and more like a dedicated server and has performance close to a dedicated server. I'm not entirely sure how much Promox KVM allows to do. So some of the tweaks might have to be done from the command line on the host node.

P.S.: Don't sell VDS as dedicated servers! Sell them as what they are: virtual dedicated servers or sell real dedicated servers.

RE: Virtualization type for dedicated server - youssefbasha - 07-16-2019

I don't know too much but i have an idea for you.
You can use your usual panel like solusvm / virtualizor and send the info via email and also the requests can be done via emails

RE: Virtualization type for dedicated server - deanhills - 07-16-2019

@Manal That's a great idea - but as a VDS not a dedi. I agree with @"Hidden Refuge" If you sell the product, don't sell it as a dedi. But sell it exactly what it is - a VDS. I'm dead certain you're going to find a huge market for that, because you'll then be able to sell Rolls Royce resources as part of a Rolls Royce server. At a discount price.

RE: Virtualization type for dedicated server - Manal - 07-17-2019

(07-16-2019, 11:59 PM)deanhills Wrote: @Manal That's a great idea - but as a VDS not a dedi. I agree with @"Hidden Refuge" If you sell the product, don't sell it as a dedi. But sell it exactly what it is - a VDS. I'm dead certain you're going to find a huge market for that, because you'll then be able to sell Rolls Royce resources as part of a Rolls Royce server. At a discount price.

Let me experiment this off. If it really works, I would continue.

The main problem is, I don't want to give up anyone my Hetzner's control panel so I prefer to use it this way. I'll put VDS at sale with 1 VDS per server, fully allocated. Till then, I'll look into ways to connect the API of Hetzner into WHMCS.

RE: Virtualization type for dedicated server - youssefbasha - 07-17-2019

I've found something you may like https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/4856
Its a plugin and screenshots seems to be good