Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider
[ADDED] Request for addition of new section! - Printable Version

+- Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider (https://post4vps.com)
+-- Forum: Site Discussion (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Site-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Suggestions and Feedback (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Suggestions-and-Feedback)
+--- Thread: [ADDED] Request for addition of new section! (/Thread-ADDED-Request-for-addition-of-new-section)

Pages: 1 2

Request for addition of new section! - Sn1F3rt - 08-31-2019

Hello P4V team,

So this post is in regards to having a new section in the forum - the 'Science' section. This is because, in our forum, I find everything related to web designing, VPS or gaming. Ours is a forum after all, which should cater to different tastes. In this context, I find the Science section useful.

It gotta be a success. As far as I could infer from my previous post about the asteroid in the General section,  there are people of diverse knowledge in the forum who like to contribute to various topics. This would be another plus point for the 'Science' section. According to me,  it will lead to greater participation ad better discussions.

I assure you all that you will not need to worry about content - till I'm around. I have great stuff waiting to be typed and thus starting a discussion. I'm very sure, everyone will participate in such a constructive and healthy discussion. This will even lead to attracting new guys to our forum if the forum is overall even more active, Naturally, discussion s in this section will lead to quotations from varied sources and people will come to know about us. This will eventually lead to even healthier competitions for securing a VPS, in sharp contrast to the ones we have now.

Hence, its an earnest appeal to all the administrators and founders to kindly sanction this idea of mine. We could even do something better, prior to finalizing let's have a month of the 'Science'  section and let's see how things work out. If things go the right way, it'll be a permanent one and if not, God forbid. If this idea is approved, kindly move my previous thread from the 'General' section to this new one and we will be ready to get started with.

Waiting for amazing discussions in the section!

Regards,

RE: Request for addition of new section! - deanhills - 08-31-2019

@sohamb03 Thank you for the suggestion, however I think for such a new forum to be added, we should at least see a number of threads on science related topics that have been contributed by the members to justify the creation of such a Forum. We rarely get threads on those topics. And when we do, the General Forum seems to be OK for that for now.

RE: Request for addition of new section! - Sn1F3rt - 08-31-2019

@deanhills: Agreed, but that's exactly why I requested this addition. How can you be sure that no great content will emerge in that forum just bcoz we don't have enough content on that to as of now.

Maybe people never thought of posting anything in that topic simply because it wasn't there. Now that they see this new section, everyone will want to contribute to it afterall. People always like to explore new things you know and this will be a great opportunity for all.

At i had assured you before too, you wouldn't need to worry about content. I have a science freak friend whom I feel refer to this forum. He may not necessarily post for a VPS but he loves to share what he knows and he can become a great contributor to the section alongside myself.

I again or forth this proposition, let's try it the thing for a month to really determine whether things work out the way we are expecting coz you never know the hidden talent in the members of this forum.

Let's give it a shot!

Regards,

RE: Request for addition of new section! - deanhills - 08-31-2019

Likelihood is small @sohamb03.  Like if I could see at least some interest, then it's justifiable.  But look at the posts that are made, and the responses you received to your non IT thread.  Not that many.  

Anyway, let's hear from others as well as to their thoughts on your suggestion.

RE: Request for addition of new section! - Manal - 09-01-2019

I would vote for yes. Science section would be a great contribution to the community discussion.

RE: Request for addition of new section! - Sn1F3rt - 09-01-2019

@Manal: Thanks for your cooperation. I hope we can have that section. It will provide an impetus for great discussion and it's my forum belief that we can attract more visitors if the forum had such discussions going on. This will eventually lead to even healthier competition for VPSes and not the dead competitions we're having of late, wherein everyone gets what they want hands on, simply because there's no one to compete with him for that same VPS.

RE: Request for addition of new section! - Sn1F3rt - 09-16-2019

Come on @deanhills, there's no reason to not have this section. I assure you it'll lead to great quality discussion in the forum. At I mentioned in the earlier thread, there are numerous contributors too, let's give it a try.

Regards,

RE: Request for addition of new section! - LightDestory - 09-16-2019

Sorry for this late answer, I don't know how I missed this.
Let's start saying that science topics are like "off-topic" regarding this forum nature.
But we have already talked about so many times on topics that can be considered "off-topic" with a lot of activity, I still remember my bump and answer with @deanhills regarding the videogame violence topic.

The current off-topic section does its job, but a better filtering can be helpful. I mean, science topics are really interesting and group them up together, as I said, can be helpful.

But @sohamb03 don't except a high activity there, we are very few talkative on these type of topic.

RE: Request for addition of new section! - Manal - 09-17-2019

I vote for "Off topic" section to get converted into a category instead where different nature of topics could be discussed within its respective forum. For scientific discussions, "Science" would be good followed by other topics in their respective forums.

RE: Request for addition of new section! - tryp4vps - 09-17-2019

I have voted for yes.

I remember we had a previous discussion for adding an "Arts" subforum, so now adding a new "Science" subforum make sense to me.

Regarding the location, I think adding the new "Science" subforum inside the "Offtopic" category should be good enough.