Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider
Making new friends - Printable Version

+- Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider (https://post4vps.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://post4vps.com/Forum-General-Chat)
+--- Forum: Offtopic (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Offtopic)
+--- Thread: Making new friends (/Thread-Making-new-friends)

Pages: 1 2

Making new friends - PacPers - 09-25-2019

What is your best tip on how to make new friends?
It can be hard to make new friends and get started in a social circle. The problem I have found in many places is everyone in that environment already has established social groups and is really not interested in meeting new people!
I have heard the advice of join clubs, find people with similiar interests to you ad nauseum but the advice seems a bit stale and easier said than done.
Would be really interested to hear what you find works for making new friends

RE: Making new friends - Kururin - 09-25-2019

I would say, find the people who do not have a group yet and start a conversation. I am a college student myself and I have observed that this way works all the time. It doesn't have be anything interesting, can be mudane but if you start a conversation and keep them engaged enough they will become friends with you. Personally I start with hobby since that what connects the people most.

RE: Making new friends - GodLikeGill - 09-25-2019

Just talk to people and get to know people who have common interests like you , i have seen that people who don't have not so much same interests as you , the friendship dont seem to last long or just have a strong relationship. As Kururin said start with hobby. I loved playing Cricket so i made friends in my college which used to come play cricket at evening, and there was the beginning of new friendship Tongue

RE: Making new friends - hamed - 09-25-2019

Try getting into a new friendship with someone who understands what they have to say and what your life is like, so you can better understand each other. This is how you can start and continue a good friendship. The worst friends are at your workplace. Try not to find any friends at work. They are looking to lower you to take over management (70% of workplace friendships).

RE: Making new friends - PacPers - 09-26-2019

@hamed That sounds like some sound advice. I agree there can be pitfalls to intereacting with people you work with.

@Gill That sounds great, I wish there was a cricket club like that where I live, there is only serious competivie teams, sadly!

@Kururin Agreed, though sometimes I found there was no one who was not already in a group. lol!

RE: Making new friends - GodLikeGill - 09-26-2019

@PacPers I know right ! There are few teams in our college who take Cricket more competitive and serious than their own god damn life , They get so out of control when they lose a match or somethings not going right , Just kills the mode and i never enjoy playing with people who take games so seriously , it is a game play for fun jeez , lol.

RE: Making new friends - Kururin - 09-27-2019

@PacPers You are not looking hard enough. And there's not indication that they will reject you outright if they are in a group. If you share even a common hobby like sports they will be quick to accept you into their group but I feel like that's harder said that done. I think you are better off joining clubs in a sense cause they are like hobby unified. Find something you are passionate in and join and n make friends!

RE: Making new friends - Khadeer143 - 09-27-2019

Making new friends is to easy ,as per in my country India to make friends just play some jokes with new members ,share some money its same like dating a girl for first time lol

RE: Making new friends - Manal - 09-27-2019

(09-27-2019, 02:46 AM)Khadeer143 Wrote: Making new friends is to easy ,as per in my country India to make friends just play some jokes with new members ,share some money its same like dating a girl for first time lol

Except for the fact that you can't date a girl that easy in here :3. One night thing is a myth here(or I never have heard about it except movies)?

RE: Making new friends - PacPers - 09-30-2019

@Gill Sounds like you're in India! Do you have indoor cricket there? Sometimes it is more casual environment. Maybe there's potential at your college for a social cricket club. And I'm happy to have a (casual, noncompetitive) bat and bowl with you any time, LOL

@Manal Why is it hard to date there?

@Kururin Thanks, I will keep in mind your advice. I agree it is much better to make freinds when you have soemthing in common, other wise there is no unifying cond to bring you together! I do think it may be harder in my country though cos people here can be a bit insular.

@Khadeer143 What does it mean to play some jokes with new members?