Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider
Twitter is Planning a Mass Cleanup - Printable Version

+- Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider (https://post4vps.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://post4vps.com/Forum-General-Chat)
+--- Forum: Offtopic (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Offtopic)
+--- Thread: Twitter is Planning a Mass Cleanup (/Thread-Twitter-is-Planning-a-Mass-Cleanup)

Twitter is Planning a Mass Cleanup - xdude - 11-27-2019

This news is for you. if you have a Twitter account that you haven't logged in for a long time. Twitter will start deleting inactive accounts starting from 11th December. So you better login to your Twitter account if it has been inactive for 6 months or more. Probably you should have received a mail about this already. These user names will be available to anyone to grab later.

Plus I have seen soo many dead Twitter accounts which has some really nice user handles. I should start writing down few of these so I could check later. ))

RE: Twitter is Planning a Mass Cleanup - Sn1F3rt - 11-27-2019

Well I do remember creating a Twitter account about a year ago. And the day I created the account was the last day I'd logged in. Big Grin

TBH I don't even have that Gmail account using which I created the Twitter account, so even if I've received the email, I'd not know. Well I didn't need that account, so it hardly matters even if it's deleted. Anyways thanks for the information, @xdude, at least I came to know of this, which otherwise I'd be unaware of.

Well if FB does the same thing, I might get into a prob. The last time I logged in, was about 4-5 months ago, but the FB thing is important as I've a couple of friends their whom I can catch hold of only there, as I've no other contact info of their. Not that I never had, the last time I formatted my device, everything got wiped out including some important data.

"Twitter my account's yours now, enjoy!" Wink

RE: Twitter is Planning a Mass Cleanup - xdude - 11-27-2019

I have so many Twitter accounts which I use for my work stuff. Twitter accounts for different niches as well as for websites. Then there is a second set of accounts which I use for ReTweet those Tweets I create in main accounts. lol Now I have to check all and make a list of them.

Well, I had a different kind of problem with Facebook. I didn't login to this account for a very long time and Facebook gave me kinda timeout when I tried to log in. I had all info like telephone number, email, password but they suspended the account and asked me to wait for a week. That was crazy.

RE: Twitter is Planning a Mass Cleanup - rudra - 11-27-2019

that is crazy. one might have accounts on other sites using Twitter which they used once. those accounts will become useless or even hacked, the worst case scenario, if other people get hold of their Twitter handle. that is so wrong.

RE: Twitter is Planning a Mass Cleanup - xdude - 11-28-2019

(11-27-2019, 08:27 PM)rudra Wrote: that is crazy. one might have accounts on other sites using Twitter which they used once. those accounts will become useless or even hacked, the worst case scenario, if other people get hold of their Twitter handle. that is so wrong.

Yes, it is. But their argument is anyone who would be using the account would have logged in at least once in 6 months. They don't be releasing those handles right away thought like happened with Yahoo  in 2013. Also, they seem to wantingto remove accounts of dead people too.

RE: Twitter is Planning a Mass Cleanup - tryp4vps - 11-28-2019

I think 6-month is a relatively short period of time if you have lots of Twitter accounts to manage.

But I do not know why, I still have not received any email alert about this. I do have quite some Twitter accounts which I have not logged into them for over a year.

RE: Twitter is Planning a Mass Cleanup - Khadeer143 - 11-28-2019

I still bother why twitter was made I don't see any good logic behind twitter posts just tweeting posts h

RE: Twitter is Planning a Mass Cleanup - xdude - 11-28-2019

(11-28-2019, 08:09 AM)Khadeer143 Wrote: I still bother why twitter was made I don't see any good logic behind twitter posts just tweeting posts h

Well, Twitter was launched in 2006, in a time smartphones were yet to take over the world. It was one of the first microblogging platforms. The funny thing is even the founders didn't know exactly what it was at the begin. But it is basically a short msg service. For me, this is how it's useful. I have to keep an eye on so many services and businesses. For example, Google Search Engine, Google Adsense, Amazon, Amazon associates program, and announcements from many more companies and services. Also announcements of Hosting providers I use.