Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider
Anyne use qBittorent or anyother client ? - Printable Version

+- Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider (https://post4vps.com)
+-- Forum: Geek World (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Geek-World)
+--- Forum: Software (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Software)
+--- Thread: Anyne use qBittorent or anyother client ? (/Thread-Anyne-use-qBittorent-or-anyother-client)

Pages: 1 2 3

Anyne use qBittorent or anyother client ? - xdude - 04-21-2020

First of all, I have to say this thread is not about what you download but the software it self.

So I have been using qbittorrent software quite long time and it worked so great. But recently it was only downloading at 20-25 kbps or less. Normally it be around 600-1000 kbps. Some in reddit said it's something to do with their new version and older versions working fine. I tried that and that didn't work either. First I thought it's something to do with our ISP. They are know to do shit like this. But then I decided to try another software. So I have tried Vuze, which works fine. So I guess it has nothing to do with ISP but the software it self.

So anyone use qbitTorrent here and having same problem?

I could just dump it but there are couple of files which are already downloaded around 90% and want to get those before removing that software.

RE: Anyne use qBittorent or anyother client ? - LightDestory - 04-21-2020

I use it on Windows x64 without any problem, using always the latest version available.
I searched on reddit and here some possible fixes, waiting for a new release but as I said "on my end works":
- There's a bug with >= 16 GB of Ram and the Disk Cache. Go to advanced settings and set it to 512Mb.
- Check if you have actived your alternative download speed (speed limiter)

RE: Anyne use qBittorent or anyother client ? - xdude - 04-22-2020

Yeah, I tried both those things but didn't help. Also I think it's related to trackers. Because all trackers shows not working but DHL is working. Noticed there are lots of threads in various boards made about this issue for years. Im yet to find any soild solution for this so I can salvage those 3 nearly completed files.

RE: Anyne use qBittorent or anyother client ? - Littlemaster - 04-23-2020

I earlier used utorrent in my phone, sometimes it seemed slow, then I tried vidmate inbuilt torrent fetcher, it was slow, so I had to check for other ways, I used boxopus which is fast, but it has some file size limit for non-premium users.

RE: Anyne use qBittorent or anyother client ? - sagher - 04-23-2020

qBittorrent is more efficient and my favorite too. it works so smoothly according to download speed and however you make pause or stop the backup is always ready to operate again. and no hanging no freezing in window panel. once i use utorrent i always exhausted with freezing and hanging. so it is a best choice for me.

RE: Anyne use qBittorent or anyother client ? - xdude - 04-23-2020

I only use in Desktop, not in mobile. I had used uTorrent before but moved to qbTorrent few years back. It worked really good till last month. Now it's not downloading properly for some reason. Now I'm using a torrent client called Vuzu which is pretty good too. It has some interesting new features, for example Swarm Discoveries.

RE: Anyne use qBittorent or anyother client ? - deanhills - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 08:48 AM)xdude Wrote: I only use in Desktop, not in mobile. I had used uTorrent before but moved to qbTorrent few years back. It worked really good till last month. Now it's not downloading properly for some reason. Now I'm using a torrent client called Vuzu which is pretty good too. It has some interesting new features, for example Swarm Discoveries.

Are you using this with Windows 7? I've been nervous using Torrent as I feel my Windows is not secure enough to deal with any Torrent client when I haven't used it before. I can well imagine however that it must open a whole world of software one can get when software prices are almost unaffordable.

RE: Anyne use qBittorent or anyother client ? - xdude - 04-23-2020

Yep. I have been using Torrents since my Windows XP time. and Yep, still using Windows 7. I no longer has to serieal key or activation code since the DVD is lost long long time ago so it's bit of a rough ride when it comes to OS it self. But never had much problem with Torrents though. I ended up using it for TV series since we never anything new here and I can't use something like Netflix ever since our ISP providers stop those unlimited connections. Now I have like 40GB peak download for day time.

Like everything else we have to take care of our own security. I have set of rules for doing it. Like when it comes to Series/Movies I only download from reputed uploaders who are welknown for safe and quality videos. Still, I wait till plenty of people comment of the page to see if it's a good file or not. Same goes for other things too. I don't download from new uploaders. So I have never had a problem with a file like infection or anything.

RE: Anyne use qBittorent or anyother client ? - humanpuff69 - 04-24-2020

Torent speed depend on the available seeder and the upload and availibility of each seeded

In your case . I think the software doesnt communicate with the tracker or seeder . Mostly because of compatibility issue . And that may be the cause

RE: Anyne use qBittorent or anyother client ? - rudra - 04-24-2020

@xdude

first i will tell you that you can salvage those downloads.

just start the same download on another client and once the files are created and download starts, pause it. next replace the newly created files with the old almost complete ones. now go in the new client and do force recheck. it will at most discard couple of mb incomplete pieces and resume the download.

I never discard big downloads and restart when the link is broken or there is corruption or crc failure. What i do is download it on a vps and make a private torrent with it and repair my downloaded file by force rechecking and resuming it under a torrent client.

>> now i cant help you with why qbittorrent is not working without checking myself.

good luck