Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider
GOG Galaxy: An all-in-one game pc launcher - Printable Version

+- Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider (https://post4vps.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Section (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Gaming-Section)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://post4vps.com/Forum-General-Gaming-Discussion)
+--- Thread: GOG Galaxy: An all-in-one game pc launcher (/Thread-GOG-Galaxy-An-all-in-one-game-pc-launcher)

GOG Galaxy: An all-in-one game pc launcher - LightDestory - 06-23-2020

How many of you are pc gamer? Are you a casual or a pro?!

Well, it doesn't matter because everyone has likely games all over the different platforms due to free-games events: Epic Store, Steam, Origin, GOG, Uplay & ect...
Today I will let you know about a interesting project called GOG Galaxy.
Maybe you already know GOG for their DRM-free games, well they are developing their own launcher!

WAIT A MOMENT! DON'T CLOSE THIS THREAD YET! KEEP READING!

It is not like the other launchers!
GOG Galaxy uses a system of "integrations" that are able to merge the libraries of different platform on a single one!

Right now, for example, I am using the following integrations: Epic Games, Humble Bundle, Steam, Origin, Xbox Live, Uplay and GOG!

The launcher is still under development but it is pretty usable, sometime the integrations became unstable and to fix it you have to disconnect and reconnect it.

If you are interested here the link: 
GOG Galaxy 2.0

RE: GOG Galaxy: An all-in-one game pc launcher - Honey - 06-24-2020

I've heard of this new launcher, tho honestly now that every company is making their own launcher it just seems too much of a hassle. (I think this was the reason Steam was so popular), but Valve's fees has turned away all the companies into making their own launchers.

Also I heard that Witcher 3 (not sure about other games) will be available here for free for those who bought it on other platforms.

RE: GOG Galaxy: An all-in-one game pc launcher - chanalku91 - 06-24-2020

A new launcher is coming again, I'm waiting for this one!
So I no longer need to put a lot of Launcher on the Desktop and only with this can I save space on the Desktop and make it cleaner!

RE: GOG Galaxy: An all-in-one game pc launcher - LightDestory - 06-25-2020

(06-24-2020, 04:42 AM)Honey Wrote: I've heard of this new launcher, tho honestly now that every company is making their own launcher it just seems too much of a hassle. (I think this was the reason Steam was so popular), but Valve's fees has turned away all the companies into making their own launchers.

Also I heard that Witcher 3 (not sure about other games) will be available here for free for those who bought it on other platforms.

YEAH, The Witcher 3 is available for free is you already brought it on other platforms!
But there is a simple trick to get it for free if you already own a Xbox.
I received my free copy of The Witcher 3 for PC just buy using the my Xbox Game Pass on my Xbox, just downloaded and player for some minutes the game on xbox and I received the full game for PC!

Xbox game pass, doesn't give you the game, but just the right to play 100+ games during the plan period. So I got my PC version without actually buying the Xbox version!

RE: GOG Galaxy: An all-in-one game pc launcher - Honey - 06-26-2020

(06-25-2020, 05:20 PM)LightDestory Wrote: YEAH, The Witcher 3 is available for free is you already brought it on other platforms!
But there is a simple trick to get it for free if you already own a Xbox.
I received my free copy of The Witcher 3 for PC just buy using the my Xbox Game Pass on my Xbox, just downloaded and player for some minutes the game on xbox and I received the full game for PC!

Xbox game pass, doesn't give you the game, but just the right to play 100+ games during the plan period. So I got my PC version without actually buying the Xbox version!

Oh lol that's a sleek trick, unfortunately never owned a console let alone Xbox to be able to try that out xD, tho I do think that is not something GOG intended and will probably fix once they find out

RE: GOG Galaxy: An all-in-one game pc launcher - humanpuff69 - 06-26-2020

the launcher already out for sometime. but the version 2.0 is new

yeah they known for great thing which is the DRM free . i screwed with DRM a few times . it makes the game you bought feel that it isnt yours . and DRM is created because of the pirates

speaking about DRM . DRM mostly for now only protect the initial release of the game which 80% of purchase were made because most of the time the DRM will getcracked after a few weeks/month

another thing that annoying like DRM is anti cheat . it works similarly and annoy the user similarly . for example the recently launcher vanguard and denuvo anti cheat use kernel mode driver that can cause more vulnerability hole because it run on the kernel