Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider
Dispensation For User Who Not Completed Their Posts Requirement - Printable Version

+- Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider (https://post4vps.com)
+-- Forum: Site Discussion (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Site-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Suggestions and Feedback (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Suggestions-and-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Dispensation For User Who Not Completed Their Posts Requirement (/Thread-Dispensation-For-User-Who-Not-Completed-Their-Posts-Requirement)

Pages: 1 2

Dispensation For User Who Not Completed Their Posts Requirement - tiwil - 11-08-2020

This might be a controversial suggestion as the 20-posts policy is strictly implemented here.

I was thinking if it is possible to give someone dispensation automatically if someone forget to make 5 or lower posts when the month end (so they have done 15 or more posts posted). The uncompleted number will be brought to next month so they will need to make more than 20 posts e.g. 22 posts if he/she forgot to do 2 posts at previous month.

Take an example: https://post4vps.com/Thread-VPS-Holder-Missing-Posts-for-October. OldMeister forgot to do 4 of his posts for October and his VPS will be taken down if he did forgot (but somehow he still hold VPS holders role, applied again?). From my point of view, it's like  a waste of 16 posts created and time spent for October.

I think this suggestion may only be applied to a holder which already done 15 posts (or 17?) or more but didn't finish at 20 posts. Remainder post(s) should be made maximum next month where holder didn't finish, and if they don't finish at 20 posts + their remainder, VPS will be taken down.

What do you think?

RE: Dispensation For User Who Not Completed Their Posts Requirement - Manal - 11-08-2020

I agree. This should be limited to only 2 months.
However, if that was to be the case, the post count should also be increased to 25-30. 20 post requirement is already too low, but to also compensate from user's end, this suggestion should be impleted... But only if the post count is increased to 25-30.

RE: Dispensation For User Who Not Completed Their Posts Requirement - Honey - 11-08-2020

Imho I also agree with Manal's point of view. Activity here is already pretty average even after strict implementation of 20 posts, I think if we were to add a rule for compensation there would need to be an increase in post count needed per month but at the end of the day that extra post requirement would just cancel out the compensation provided.

RE: Dispensation For User Who Not Completed Their Posts Requirement - tiwil - 11-08-2020

(11-08-2020, 06:28 AM)Honey Wrote: ... but at the end of the day that extra post requirement would just cancel out the compensation provided.

Correct. If we add 5 more posts to the policy, then we have 25 posts to do per month. The dispensation provide 5 posts (or fewer) to be moved for next month, so we do 20 posts this month and 30 posts next month. Much more posts to do. 20 posts already hard for me, not gonna lie. HAHA!

If we will increase the post requirement if this suggestion get implemented, then I wish this suggestion should not be implemented, HAHAHA Tongue .

RE: Dispensation For User Who Not Completed Their Posts Requirement - xdude - 11-08-2020

I don't think it will work like it sounds in theory. Member's should start posting from begin of the month unless you are someone who capable of doing it later. If you have can't time making quality posts, if you can't come up with new topics you should doing it from begining of the month. Or this will become a headache if it become a habit. Increasing the post quota won't help either. If members have hard time doing the 20 what will make them do a 25 or 30?

But yes I think it's worth giving it a test run and see if it works. But it shouldn't be easy. Maybe rule should be you need to do double of what you missed and Max missing posts should be no more than 5. So if you miss 5 then you can promise to do extra 10 posts next month. End of the month you can't make 30 posts you loose the vps. Also this should not be automatic. Chance should be given to those who request it.

RE: Dispensation For User Who Not Completed Their Posts Requirement - tryp4vps - 11-08-2020

Not a bad suggestion @tiwil. I thought something like this was allowed on the FreeVPS.us forum.

Not to mention that FreeVPS required only 15 posts per month to keep a VPS. Smile

RE: Dispensation For User Who Not Completed Their Posts Requirement - tiwil - 11-12-2020

(11-08-2020, 07:51 AM)xdude Wrote: But yes I think it's worth giving it a test run and see if it works. But it shouldn't be easy. Maybe rule should be you need to do double of what you missed and Max missing posts should be no more than 5. So if you miss 5 then you can promise to do extra 10 posts next month. End of the month you can't make 30 posts you loose the vps.

I believe this is the best way to do this. So you must decide either do 2 x posts left or do it this month. This can also easily be monitored as every month Dean posts how many post(s) left for each user that doesn't pass the requirement yet. I think it will only add a little bit of work for admin to check the post requirement as I believe only 1-3 users that don't post 20 posts but more than 15 posts.

(11-08-2020, 07:51 AM)xdude Wrote: Also this should not be automatic. Chance should be given to those who request it.

I think it's better to make it automatic as Admin don't have to deal with user request, less workload for them Big Grin.

RE: Dispensation For User Who Not Completed Their Posts Requirement - deanhills - 11-12-2020

@tiwil.  In theory it may look good, but in practice this won't work at all.  Thing is in my experience the boundaries of conduct will just be shifted by 5 posts with plenty of individual calculations that will have to be calculated, confirmed and "negotiated" at every month end.  Instead of playing around 15-20 posts right up to the last day of the month, this will be reversed to playing 10-15 posts up to the last day of the month with plenty of post calculation confirmations and PMs coming my way. Post4VPS no doubt will lose out on the bottom line as we will definitely be getting less than the 20 posts asked for.

This will also completely mess with cancellation of VPSs for non-compliance of the post rule and general administration of the Giveaway.  It is going to increase the administrative load when we are trying to lessen it.

20 posts aren't that many for having some of the VPSs we have here.  Imagine buying those VPSs how much that would cost you?  So the least you guys can do is appreciate it.  Show your support to Dynamo by spontaneously complying with the 20 posts per month rule, and making those posts well before the end of the month with the least amount of fuss.  Why not make more than 20 posts per month to show your appreciation to Dynamo?  Why should it be such a point of negotiation, instead of spontaneously supporting Dynamo's effort to keep post4vpss a going concern?  Try and reward him for all of his effort?  By keeping things simple.

Do you know how hard it is on me to check those posts are made every month, and now you want to make it even more complicated than it already is and should not be.  You wouldn't imagine members making iffy posts, and then getting up to 16-19 posts and then writing to me to check their number of posts.  Some more than once.  And they are members who have been doing this for years. I'm dead certain they will be the members sending even more PMs to me to do the calculations on the 15 to 20 posts.  Then adding and subtracting the posts to the next months.  And then faulting and correcting me, creating PM debates about it. Or telling me they forgot what the arrangement was at the end of the previous month. Or they are confused. I can already see that happening - not with you perhaps, but you wouldn't believe how some of the members are "negotiating" every iffy post of theirs as short of 20 as they can get them to be - like on principle they don't want to get past 20 posts.

RE: Dispensation For User Who Not Completed Their Posts Requirement - sagher - 11-13-2020

Agreed with @tiwil because twice i lost my VPS just for some misunderstanding and once i was sick and hospitalized. and was not complete just one or two numbers of my monthly post. i wish it could be a second option for persons who really don't like to miss there container.
if community gave them a one more chance in shape of some extra penalty posts "should be 5"posts and 1 week time to fulfill there previous month posts and current month post also as rules.

RE: Dispensation For User Who Not Completed Their Posts Requirement - deanhills - 11-13-2020

(11-13-2020, 04:33 PM)sagher Wrote: Agreed with @tiwil because twice i lost my VPS just for some misunderstanding and once i was sick and hospitalized. and was not complete just one or two numbers of my monthly post. i wish it could be a second option for persons who really don't like to miss there container.
if community gave them a one more chance in shape of some extra penalty posts "should be 5"posts and 1 week time to fulfill there previous month posts and current month post also as rules.
With respect.  There was no misunderstanding @sagher.  That happened IN SPITE OF numerous PMs and warnings from me which you chose to ignore. 

If there were to be a genuine misunderstanding, then of course we will help the member.  But with you this is a regular occurrence. Placing unnecessary burden on the staff to have to help you to get you to make your 20 posts before the end of the month.  And you not cooperating as you should in spite of all of the help you have been receiving.