Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider
Ionos VPS - Value VPS from 1&1 Hosting - Printable Version

+- Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider (https://post4vps.com)
+-- Forum: Advertising & offers (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Advertising-offers)
+--- Forum: Cheap Providers (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Cheap-Providers)
+--- Thread: Ionos VPS - Value VPS from 1&1 Hosting (/Thread-Ionos-VPS-Value-VPS-from-1-1-Hosting)

Ionos VPS - Value VPS from 1&1 Hosting - tbelldesignco - 11-24-2020

So let me start by saying I love my VPS with @cubedata and I do not intend to switch, but I need a dedicated mail server so I can get my business email set up and running. I know of Ionos from my work where we have used them to shell out start up projects that we do not want to host internally and they have provided great service for us in the past. Let's get into the server, the pricing and what features are provided.

Server Details:
Plan - VPS M
OS - Ubuntu 18.04.5
Cost - 2$ USD for First Month then 5$ after
CPU - 2 vCores
RAM - 2GB 
Storage - 80GB SSD
Location - United States
Bandwidth: Unlimited

Other Features:
- VMWare Virtualization
- Cloud Backups starting at 0.07$/gb
- KVM console
- Windows Options from 20$/mo
- Plesk from 5$/mo
- Softaculous like installer for apps like Wordpress, Drupal, Magento etc.
- Wild Card SSLs
- 1 IPV4 included additional for 5$/mo

Initial thoughts:
The process to setup your account was easy and dependent on your bank, you can have secure transaction authentication. For Example, I bank with Bank of America/WellsFargo so it actually prompted me to authorize the initial payment using my BoA app on my iPhone. The account was setup and ready to VNC into my server within 24 hours. I was able to get in and setup the basic account functions like username and password with ease. The most alluring features of this setup is that it is an a la carte approach, where for 5$/month you get a solid VPS with a lot of free addons like the SSL certificate and such which is great for my email server needs allowing for that process to be automated in the admin panel. Speaking of admin panel, it is very easy to use and navigate and uses a pseudo Plesk like interface that is custom created by IONOS on top of KVM.

Benchmarks:
System Info
-----------
Processor : Intel® Xeon® Gold 5120 CPU @ 2.20GHz
CPU Cores : 2 @ 2194.843 MHz
Memory : 1970 MiB
Swap : 2975 MiB
Uptime : 20:06,

Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
Kernel : 4.15.0-124-generic
Hostname : mail.tbelldesign.co

[font=Menlo]Speedtest (IPv4 only)
---------------------[/font]

Location Provider Speed
---------------------
CDN Cachefly 41.0MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US @sohamb03  
Dallas, TX, US Softlayer 25.9MB/s 
Seattle, WA, US Softlayer 19.9MB/s 
San Jose, CA, US Softlayer 21.7MB/s 
Washington, DC, US Leaseweb 40.1MB/s 

Sao Paulo, Brazil       Softlayer 7.54MB/s 

Singapore Softlayer 6.84MB/s 
Taiwan                  Hinet           7.51MB/s

Final Benchmarks coming soon.

Final thoughts:
I honestly really like the services that IONOS provide and I can see continuing to use them for my mail server until I get a brick and mortar workspace and can run a server like that in-house. It took me a few hours to get the mail server up and running, I was having issues with iRedMail, of which has nothing to do with the performance of the server itself. Mail routing is working flawlessly using Mailcow (thanks everyone for the recommendation). As for future plans of this server, I don't imagine using it too much for development, but it is running my Calendar Services and Email Services for TBDC, so it is fully meeting my current needs. I could see in the future possibly getting my dad's real estate email and the non-profit I serve on emails migrated over, since I am already managing all of these services anyway so it would be one MailServ to rule them all.

RE: Ionos VPS - Value VPS from 1&1 Hosting - sAmI - 11-25-2020

It seems to be a really great you got your hands there, 2$ per first month and second month 5$ which is fairly not bad! I also pay almost the same price for my OVH VPS.
Wonder if you could share a speedtest.net result i'm also thinking to go for this. The only problem i have gone through with IONOS/1&1, Slow support and many issues with payment gateway. I got my hands on a deal for 1$ domain and it was 1$ and when i almost was checking out and refreshed the page it straightly went to 14$ and their domain panel is really not that good i'm not sure if they have updated i used like i guess a year ago.
But most of the all you got a really great value VPS with 2GB and 2vCore!

Good luck!

RE: Ionos VPS - Value VPS from 1&1 Hosting - tbelldesignco - 11-25-2020

(11-25-2020, 01:50 PM)sAmI Wrote: It seems to be a really great you got your hands there, 2$ per first month and second month 5$ which is fairly not bad! I also pay almost the same price for my OVH VPS.
Wonder if you could share a speedtest.net result i'm also thinking to go for this. The only problem i have gone through with IONOS/1&1, Slow support and many issues with payment gateway. I got my hands on a deal for 1$ domain and it was 1$ and when i almost was checking out and refreshed the page it straightly went to 14$ and their domain panel is really not that good i'm not sure if they have updated i used like i guess a year ago.
But most of the all you got a really great value VPS with 2GB and 2vCore!

Good luck!

Yeah I will get those knocked out for you. One thing they have made significant improvements with is their Manager Panel, I have my domain purchased through GoDaddy, but you can set it up as an external domain for no extra cost and their DNS Manager is way more comprehensive compared to some of the others I have used including GoDaddy and the one natively in cPanel. They do have a "starter" option which is 2$ per month and is 1 vCore Intel Xeon E5, 512MB RAM and 10GB SSD, so you can dip your toe in and check out the platform and you can always upgrade, downgrade or cancel your subscription with ease.