Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider
Hosting Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider (https://post4vps.com)
+-- Forum: Advertising & offers (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Advertising-offers)
+--- Forum: Cheap Providers (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Cheap-Providers)
+--- Thread: Hosting Service Suggestions (/Thread-Hosting-Service-Suggestions)

Pages: 1 2

Hosting Service Suggestions - Amresh - 12-20-2020

Hey there guys Smile
I need one help. I want some suggestions regarding hosting provider. I need it for a association which is going to conduct olympiads. 
It will receive users from India(more than 50%) and some from foreign so basically I need a server with Indian Datacenter. Also the host should be reliable (no fake reviews). It should be cheap or atleast in mid range. Fast (ofc). Should handle atleast 5000 requests simultaneously. Also tell me for this I should go with Managed VPS hosting or shared hosting?

The reliable company which I know is resellerclub (has server in India)
I came to know that hostinger makes fake reviews and bluehost too makes fake one(read on reddit). So please guide me. If you all have any else company for recommendations then pls tell me Smile

RE: Hosting Service Suggestions - tiwil - 12-21-2020

I don't know if 5000 requests simultaneously is a big number or not. If it's, you probably want to go for a VPS instead, so dedicated resources only for your website. Otherwise, shared hosting is totally fine. One of my friend in India uses FastComet, they offer many location, including Mumbai, India. He also cover his website with Cloudflare which help to make the website faster.

From my experience, FastComet is fast like their name. Price probably relative to your budget, their price is a little bit over for me as I don't need that much. But if their offer match with your budget and your needs, then you're good to go.

RE: Hosting Service Suggestions - sAmI - 12-21-2020

Honeslty, If you are looking for a host in India i might suggest you to try DigitalOcean or Amazon EC2 they have the best ping and stability, Coming to your 5000 Part Question, I'm thinking that it might be able to handle it on a VPS, Shared hosting i think depending on which host you go, Some has limitation on everything so if many request comes your website might just get suspended or what for shared hosting i would recommend BuyShared, Althought VPS is more recommended.

RE: Hosting Service Suggestions - Honey - 12-21-2020

(12-20-2020, 04:38 PM)Amresh Wrote: Hey there guys Smile
I need one help. I want some suggestions regarding hosting provider. I need it for a association which is going to conduct olympiads. 
It will receive users from India(more than 50%) and some from foreign so basically I need a server with Indian Datacenter. Also the host should be reliable (no fake reviews). It should be cheap or atleast in mid range. Fast (ofc). Should handle atleast 5000 requests simultaneously. Also tell me for this I should go with Managed VPS hosting or shared hosting?

The reliable company which I know is resellerclub (has server in India)
I came to know that hostinger makes fake reviews and bluehost too makes fake one(read on reddit). So please guide me. If you all have any else company for recommendations then pls tell me Smile

Though I am not from India, the best hosts I know that have employed their data centres there are HostGator, Amazon, DigitalOcean, MilesWeb, Google.

As for your 5000 request, most if not all good hosts provide easy scaling, you can start on a low tier package, and if you feel like Its not enough you can move on to the next tier. Alternatively you can ask their support as to which vps tier would suit your conditions the best.

RE: Hosting Service Suggestions - deanhills - 12-21-2020

Moved to "Cheap Providers" Forum

@Amresh  Resellerclub looks good.  I also recently (through Gigarocket) was exposed to a really good and reliable host from India.  Sparrowhost.in.  
Maybe you could negotiate a good deal with them.

https://sparrowhost.in/hosting-reseller.html

Here are some reviews about them.  Score is quite high.
https://hostadvice.com/hosting-company/sparrowhost-reviews/

Hostinger India is perhaps more for individual customers for small hosting accounts. I'd be concerned that their system could be easily oversubscribed and crowded as a result.

RE: Hosting Service Suggestions - xdude - 12-21-2020

Talk to @Manal Who runs ShadowHosting. I remember he has Pune as one of his hosting locations. If majority of your visitors are from India that might work for you. Maybe he will able to offer you a custom solution too. If you are getting quite a bit of traffic maybe he might offer you some sponsored shared hosting.

RE: Hosting Service Suggestions - Amresh - 12-21-2020

(12-21-2020, 03:51 PM)deanhills Wrote: Moved to "Cheap Providers" Forum

@Amresh  Resellerclub looks good.  I also recently (through Gigarocket) was exposed to a really good and reliable host from India.  Sparrowhost.in.  
Maybe you could negotiate a good deal with them.

https://sparrowhost.in/hosting-reseller.html

Here are some reviews about them.  Score is quite high.
https://hostadvice.com/hosting-company/sparrowhost-reviews/

Hostinger India is perhaps more for individual customers for small hosting accounts. I'd be concerned that their system could be easily oversubscribed and crowded as a result.
Thanks Buddy! I was going with OVH server with singapore location but now I have to stop and will look into this. Pricing seems good Smile Thanks buddy Smile I will send this to my team! Thanks again Smile

(12-21-2020, 04:22 PM)xdude Wrote: Talk to @Manal Who runs ShadowHosting. I remember he has Pune as one of his hosting locations. If majority of your visitors are from India that might work for you. Maybe he will able to offer you a custom solution too. If you are getting quite a bit of traffic maybe he might offer you some sponsored shared hosting.

And yeah this I completely frgot. Thanks for remining buddy! I will check out and if needed will contact them too Smile

Thanks a lot guys!!

RE: Hosting Service Suggestions - sAmI - 12-22-2020

(12-21-2020, 05:38 PM)Amresh Wrote: Thanks Buddy! I was going with OVH server with singapore location but now I have to stop and will look into this. Pricing seems good Smile Thanks buddy Smile I will send this to my team! Thanks again Smile

And yeah this I completely frgot. Thanks for remining buddy! I will check out and if needed will contact them too Smile

Thanks a lot guys!!

I would honestly recommend you to go for Singapore location from OVH, The indian users will get an average ms of 50-100 mostly 50. The OVH VPS are really good and they perform solid and i will be soon posting a quick review and recommendation post for game servers too.
Since you are not using it for game servers, It also includes good DDoS-Protection even though if you get DDOS you do not have to worry about suspension at all. Their lowest budget VPS gives you a 100mbit speed, So i would recommend you to go over a little over that and they offer unlimited bandwidth too. 
Few cons are that their support takes too much time to reply since they have now "Support Levels". Their panel is nicely built but the functions takes too long i.e reinstalling VPS or rebooting

there is also many images available and failover IPs and firewall can be managed from the panel too.

RE: Hosting Service Suggestions - Manal - 12-23-2020

If you ask me, I would suggest you to goto DigitalOcean. But since that's costly for you, try AWS or Azure? I mean, reliability is among Azure, AWS, and DigitalOcean only.

RE: Hosting Service Suggestions - Pacific Spirit - 12-23-2020

Hostripples offers hosting location in India with Plesk or cPanel, one of your choices!