arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux for Desktop
Any of you guys use Linux opterating systems for Desktop ? I mean for daily use ? It's been a while since I have used one in  Desktop computer or Laptop. For last five years it's just Windows 7 ever since I have upgraded from Windows XP.  There are several Linux operating systems I would like to try but I don't want to use these for full time. Ubuntu is my first choice.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

For personal use i always prefer Windows as it is easy but when comes to business needs my first choice is Linux based OS as Linux is much more secured then Windows. Mine first choice in Linux is either RHEL or Debian based distros with GNOME.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
I use Manjaro linux as my main OS. And KDE is my preferred DE. Much better than GNOME.
(05-30-2017, 10:49 AM)TrK Wrote: For personal use i always prefer Windows as it is easy but when comes to business needs my first choice is Linux based OS as Linux is much more secured then Windows. Mine first choice in Linux is either RHEL or Debian based distros with GNOME.

it isnt secure . almost all of the linux kernel contain pivillege escalation exploit (except the newer one) . many website that hosted on linux server get defaced (is that secure?) and there are also ransomware for linux even though it is not as widespread as wannacry on windows

so yeah there are no system that is 100% safe
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
I prefer Linux because Linux is more secure than windows And linux is also best for hosting Games server etc thats why i prefer linux
Use Linux Mint. You won't know you are using Linux. It is based on Ubuntu and works like Windows on UI part.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

I was also reading about Linux Mint. It looks impressive and since I'm a big fan of Ubuntu it might be good for me too. But the best Windows like Linux system is Zorin OS IMO.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

You can use Linux Mint. It is very user friendly and it is a good start for using Linux as Desktop.
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!
Linux Mint is the result of split in Ubuntu community ( and contributors ) when Amazon was integrated into Dash. Many felt that it is a breach of privacy of user and wanted to keep Ubuntu " clean ".

Nemo, the file manager in Linux Mint and Cinnamon Desktop are very user friendly than Ubuntu's Nautilus and Unity.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
08-05-2018, 01:40 AM
Last Post: Golden

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting