arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safe torrent software and sites?
(04-07-2018, 01:30 PM)Dudi Wrote: Don't use this sofware anymore. Use qBittorrent on Windows. It's free and open source!
I'd go one step further with the suggestion in that one should do one's local research thoroughly before one tries it.  As software that is good to use internationally and in other countries may not be equally good for the country one lives in.  Better to find a user group that is local and get advice from those who are using it successfully.  They will also be good with providing suggestions for where to source "safe" torrents - like ideally they would have their own lists in a pool that works with torrents that they think are safe.  Bottom line is that one should be very cautious.  Some ISPs may even block your use of the Internet if you don't know what you're doing.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(04-07-2018, 01:39 PM)deanhills Wrote:  Some ISPs may even block your use of the Internet if you don't know what you're doing.

In the USA, EU and some other countries this is true. 
But in other parts of the World there are no strict copyright laws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7ELxt_DDdI
Yeah uTorrent lost it's reputation after it started looking ways to earn as much as possible. I didn't know about Cryptomining but I stopped using it years ago and started using qBittorrent which probably the best one out there right now.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(04-07-2018, 06:13 AM)xdude Wrote: @Kururin

What did you mean by you have been doing this since 80s ?

Apart from that I agree with that. Common Sense apply for this too. I don't see the logic is you can stay safe just because you are using Download Manager. If you are using an infected source file and have no active virus guard then your PC going to get infected anyway. Actually Torrent downloads are lot safer because usually other members comment about the file and warn if something wrong about it. As a habit I don't download too new files with no comments. Also files from any strangers.
Oops meant to say long time. But either way, I am not using a download manager? I have never gotten a virus, I don't know how people even get that. I do use private trackers, and that's the positive side of torrent. Since you use private tracker it going to be more safer than your public tracker. That's how I have been able to keep virus-free till now.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
thepiratebay.org is good. They are mostly safe to use. The site gets taken down occasionally though.
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!
(04-15-2018, 05:26 AM)Kururin Wrote: Oops meant to say long time. But either way, I am not using a download manager? I have never gotten a virus, I don't know how people even get that. I do use private trackers, and that's the positive side of torrent. Since you use private tracker it going to be more safer than your public tracker. That's how I have been able to keep virus-free till now.

That download Manager part is for @Vuluts since he mentioned it's a better choice. There are those who upload software into torrents with trojon horses etc. People get infected when they download these without reading comments and also when they dont have a uptodate virus guards. It's not Bittorrent systems fault. Just some people are too silly to even follow basic guide lines of using Internet.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Use utorrent or bittorrent! For best torrenting !
It is 99% Safe!
Servzen.com | Premium Hosting Provider!
Fast, secure and affordable plans | VPS Hosting | Shared Hosting.
@HarisHayat How could you possibly sure that these two torrenting sites (utorrent or bittorrent) are 99% safe?
(04-27-2018, 11:09 AM)Vuluts Wrote: @HarisHayat How could you possibly sure that these two torrenting sites (utorrent or bittorrent) are 99% safe?

These torrent websites can unfortunately be never safe, since majority of these websites have illegal content, but what actually matters is the source, if there is a very trusted and well-known website with a torrent download then you may have a trust on them, but if a website has illegal content then never.
Torrenting websites are usually not secure, because even the most famous websites do have malware torrents in it. Just don't install torrents from unverified/suspicious users
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-18-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: deanhills
09-16-2020, 11:20 AM
Last Post: sagher
04-10-2020, 12:06 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting