arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mine JseCoin with your web hosting
(11-16-2018, 04:22 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: I think it shall depend on the traffic sources of the forum.

If most of traffic sources come from developed countries like the U.S., Google AdSense is surely the better choice for monetizing the forum traffic.

But if most of traffic sources come from "poor" countries lacking of good advertisers, it is possible that web mining may achieve better results than Google AdSense.

but poor countries also most likely have low end hardware and with that you didnt get as much coin because lower hashrate AND MOST LIKE DECREASE IN USER EXPERIENCE of lagging . i used to have slow pc with low amount of ram and processing power and opening miner website CRASH THE BROWSER or PC sometime . this is why i hate miner so much
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(11-17-2018, 11:58 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: but poor countries also most likely have low end hardware and with that you didnt get as much coin because lower hashrate AND MOST LIKE DECREASE IN USER EXPERIENCE of lagging . i used to have slow pc with low amount of ram and processing power and opening miner website CRASH THE BROWSER or PC sometime . this is why i hate miner so much

Yes their low-end hardware cannot earn much coins, but I just wanted to point out that web miner does give a choice for webmasters to get at least something from those traffic sources from "poor" countries, which have very low CPM (close to zero) if using traditional ads network.

Surely it is not user-friendly. Many visitors, including you and me, do not like it.

It should be the last option webmasters should consider when traditional monetizing methods do not work well.

(11-18-2018, 04:41 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: Yes their low-end hardware cannot earn much coins, but I just wanted to point out that web miner does give a choice for webmasters to get at least something from those traffic sources from "poor" countries, which have very low CPM (close to zero) if using traditional ads network.

Surely it is not user-friendly. Many visitors, including you and me, do not like it.

It should be the last option webmasters should consider when traditional monetizing methods do not work well.
They also attempt to detecy low end device but very poorly . They only detect if it is mobile device or not and the miner will not mine on phone even the highest specs available but it will mine whatever pc specs . That is the problem . Adding a gflops counter is a great idea to measure the power if it is slow than dont mine
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
This might not be legal if you are using someone's else PC resources without letting them know. They must be notified or mentioned somewhere in Privacy Policy regarding this.
(11-19-2018, 02:51 PM)Lampard Wrote: This might not be legal if you are using someone's else PC resources without letting them know. They must be notified or mentioned somewhere in Privacy Policy regarding this.

There is notification at the bottom like cookie by themselves, Earning wouldn't start unless visitor click on confirm button.
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

now there are script blockers like ad blockers too. so not going to help much either. also not taking consent is just bad disrespectful and sneaky. thats not going to keep your boat on water much longer.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(11-14-2018, 01:40 PM)rudra Wrote: this is only good if it does not bog down the visitor system / computer with heavy load. also i hope you implement proper announcement and not doing it in a sneaky way. that way it wont be malicious and invading privacy.

also your total amount is not that impressive i wonder if you could do better with google ads.

THIS!

Absolutely DO NOT do this without my express consent AND my knowledge. If you ask, and I find your site to be a valuable asset to me, I may very well happily leave a browser tab open all night and let you mine some cryptocurrency with it.

If I find you trying to do so without my consent, I will leave your site and I will trash-talk your site/business every time I see your site mentioned in an online forum. I use "uMatrix" and I will notice if you try to do this without my express permission.

Again, just ask! If you ask and you're straightforward about it, I'll maybe even leave a tab open, just to help support you. It's about consent. I'll give you that permission, if I like your site.

I'd also put in some extra effort to explain what's going on to people who are not technically savvy. I know what miners are, cryptocurrency is, and what a browser miner does and how it uses my resources. The vast majority of people do not know that. So, I'd take the time to explain to them what it is, how it works, and then just tell them how it benefits you.

"We use a script that will use your spare CPU cycles to mine a cryptocurrency. This is a proof-of-work currency that will help support our services and enable us to continue to bring them to you free of charge. If you'd rather not let us mine with your spare CPU cycles, please consider making a donation. Even the smallest donation will go right into the fund to keep this site free."

You could probably link the first mention of cryptocurrency to a Wikipedia article. Hell, you can probably also use your referral URL and maybe even pick up a few referrals that way.

It's the permission that matters. I'll give permission.

It's sort of like the food in my pantry. If you ask, I'll give it to you. If you don't ask, and just take it, we're going to have a conversation and I'm going to be pretty displeased. So, ask! It's a matter of respect. In the future, it may even be a matter of law.
Happily sponsored by Shadow Hosting & Post4VPS!
@KGIII

That's the kind of you for the support, actually i'm using it on forum.pirateshosting.com and JseCoin's policy says mining won't start until visitor click continue button at down below. There is a newsletter at the bottom like cookies permission their policy and all important things are mentioned with logo and continue button. It won't start until they click on it.

The forum already gonna closed because we already shut down, free department where we provide free stuff like gameserver and web hosting and even sometime VPS.
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

I remember piratebay doing something like this mining with people's computer without their consent. There were some people who just saw their heat spike and couldn't figure it out. I think its just scummy.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
(11-19-2018, 10:21 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: ...... Adding a gflops counter is a great idea to measure the power if it is slow than dont mine

That makes sense. They could easily add a function to stop the miner if they find that your hash rate is slower than a certain value.

They would still need to fire up the miner at the beginning so they can measure the hash rate, but at least once they found your PC is too slow they could escape the mining loop and avoid crashing your PC.

Another way is configure it to use no more than a certain percentage of user's processing power (eg: 20% maximum) no matter how powerful the device is.

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting