arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VNC on CentOS 7
I don't think the provider is blocking any port access to the VPS in or out. else it would be like a home computer and not a vps. Just with a good shared symmetrical connection and firewall in place of NAT and a fixed public ip. So in theory a vps user could open ports and do setups at will.

but the thing here is vps 9 being without control panel for users, Deanhills is probably tired of all the support loads.

So may be this is not a time for further experiments... especially if I am a copy-paste warrior.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
@youssefbasha  We now have a good reply for what to do to install the VNC and there are two options available:

1. We can reinstall Ubuntu 14 (refer template that is available below), but there may be a problem with updating Ubuntu.  You could give it a try if you want.  I don't mind installing it if it is your choice, and who knows, maybe it works better with updating than 16.04 as from my research looks as though the update issue has to do with 16.04 specifically. Maybe 14.04 will be easier to update.

Quote:Ubuntu 14.04 X86 64 Vnc

2. Or you can Install VNC on CentOS 7 yourself.  The tutorials below are recommended by Virmach.  They provide you a step by step how to install the VNC:

Virmach Tech Support Wrote:https://www.tecmint.com/install-and-conf...-centos-7/
https://www.itzgeek.com/how-tos/linux/ce...hel-7.html

I'd say the easier of course of the two is Ubuntu and since you're an experienced Ubuntu user maybe it will work OK for you, even for updates, but if it was for myself, I'd prefer CentOS 7.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
It should be CentOS 7 actually. If you use 14.04, it's way too old right now. So it's not completely worth it. Also in the other thread seems another guy also facing update issue from Virmach.

CentOS 7 will be more efficient and nicer choice as you can install VNC on your own and no need to update the OS again.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(03-09-2019, 12:55 AM)tiwil Wrote: It should be CentOS 7 actually. If you use 14.04, it's way too old right now. So it's not completely worth it. Also in the other thread seems another guy also facing update issue from Virmach.

CentOS 7 will be more efficient and nicer choice as you can install VNC on your own and no need to update the OS again.

if you use ubuntu the last version that support openvz is ubuntu 16.04 and its support is extended so you can use it for much longer . probably because of the openvz incompatibility of ubuntu 18.04 . you can install vnc on centos 7 . the package for vnc server and the desktop environment is probably available . just look on online tutorial if it doesnt work just search the rror
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(03-09-2019, 03:06 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: if you use ubuntu the last version that support openvz is ubuntu 16.04 and its support is extended so you can use it for much longer . probably because of the openvz incompatibility of ubuntu 18.04 . you can install vnc on centos 7 . the package for vnc server and the desktop environment is probably available . just look on online tutorial if it doesnt work just search the rror

Right. But unfortunately Virmach is not maintaining Ubuntu 16.04 properly. As previous users have indicated, with Ubuntu usually updates are spontaneous and easy, but the Virmach Ubuntu 16.04 has a bug in it so that users can't do updates. The bug that causes an important SSH file to be deleted when the system is rebooted, has been documented and fixes suggested, which Virmach hasn't applied. Both Dynamo and I asked for an up to date version of Ubuntu, and with the last communication feedback was that it's on the cards but not right now. So I'd stay away from Ubuntu 16.04 for Virmach VPS 9. Not sure whether older versions would work for updating.
Terminal
@youssefbasha, if you want to try VNC then the Virmach technicians suggest the two tutorials below. The tutorials are for CentOS 7, which I think is the OS you already have installed. If you want to change the OS can you please open another support thread, as I'm going to close this thread now.

https://www.tecmint.com/install-and-conf...-centos-7/
https://www.itzgeek.com/how-tos/linux/ce...hel-7.html
Terminal
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting