arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend me a good antivirus
Can anyone recommend me a good antivirus because i was using AVG and i got a weird virus that turned every .exe file to ICON and added "g" letter in the in the .exe file.
I want a really good antivirus
Recommend me free and premium but tell me in your reply if its free or premium
AVG makes your system heavy. maximum CPU and ram consumed. so if you are a freeware user then go for 360 antivirus. that is free and have multiple operating functions of scanning and optimizations.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
If you are using Windows 10 the latest Windows Defender is already a good free solution as an alternative to other free AV software. In the last years Windows Defender has leveled up in quality, detection rates and other factors. It is already built into Windows and doesn't require any additional installation. The resources usage is absolutely alright and won't take a big hit in performance on a normal modern system.

Another free alternative is Kaspersky Free. Kaspersky is up there in the major league of AV software. The free version comes with enough essentials to protect the computer from viruses. Resource wise it is also alright. --> https://www.kaspersky.com/free-antivirus

If you have money to spare I would recommend ESET NOD32 Antivirus. It is one of the best world wide and has a little footprint and barely any performance hit.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
I recommend using Malwarebytes because they have an updated database!
And also their features are pretty much! But to try these features you have to burn your money
Terminal
Solo Developer
(06-12-2019, 06:22 AM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: If you are using Windows 10 the latest Windows Defender is already a good free solution as an alternative to other free AV software. In the last years Windows Defender has leveled up in quality, detection rates and other factors. It is already built into Windows and doesn't require any additional installation. The resources usage is absolutely alright and won't take a big hit in performance on a normal modern system.
I support this, I do not use any other antivirus system than windows defender in my windows pc. It is efficient.

Thank you  Sweet

(06-12-2019, 08:39 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: I recommend using Malwarebytes because they have an updated database!
And also their features are pretty much! But to try these features you have to burn your money

I'm with @chanalku91, I used Malwarebytes too in my laptop. My friend also recommend it. Their protection is good enough, but I feel it's now making my laptop lag, but it's old laptop, maybe that's why.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Below is a bit more information to backup my claim that Defender has improved and is up to many other AV software in terms of quality and performance:
- https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/hom...18-191415/

A decently recent benchmark and test of Windows Defender Smile .

Having a special antimalware application run like Malwarebytes isn't a must but a nice extra. People however seem to forget that it isn't a replacement for an AV! It is just antimalware.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
I like to recommend Avast free AV as the next option after the inbuilt windows defender.

Kaspersky is in russia. Im a bit ..errrm.... hesitant to use products with their HQ and main servers either in russia or china. I only want to share my secret infos with one party for now....that bring the usa uk team. haha
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(06-12-2019, 06:22 AM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: If you are using Windows 10 the latest Windows Defender is already a good free solution as an alternative to other free AV software. In the last years Windows Defender has leveled up in quality, detection rates and other factors. It is already built into Windows and doesn't require any additional installation. The resources usage is absolutely alright and won't take a big hit in performance on a normal modern system.

Another free alternative is Kaspersky Free. Kaspersky is up there in the major league of AV software. The free version comes with enough essentials to protect the computer from viruses. Resource wise it is also alright. --> https://www.kaspersky.com/free-antivirus

If you have money to spare I would recommend ESET NOD32 Antivirus. It is one of the best world wide and has a little footprint and barely any performance hit.

I too personally prefer to have Kaspersky instead of any other anti virus. I personally use it's paid version and so far it's detection ratio hasn't bothered me and everything runs good.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
I'm still on Windows 7. Will probably be changing towards end of the year when I upgrade my hardware, however for now I'm on Microsoft Security Solutions. It has a good write-up on its virus definitions. It's also very light. I found Kaspersky - the paid version - too bulky.

When I change to a next Windows I'll probably stick with Defender only. I'm really worried with the anti-virus providers getting more and more intrusive with one's registry, and sometimes Windows doesn't like it. I want something as simple and as non-intrusive as possible. I guess the best security policy is not to visit iffy Websites, and to do safe surfing always. I find that with Smart Phones it's much easier to click on links by accident that can create problems later on.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (3):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting