arrow_upward

Poll: What's your preferred way?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Plugin
0%
.htaccess file
100.00%
Total
4 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugin vs. .htaccess
I amnt as lazy. I HATE CLOUDFLARE!

IT'S THE LAST OPTION I WOULD PREFER. IT DOOMED ALL OF THE SITES WHERE I'D ADDED IT.

My preferred way is the .htaccess file redirection method. It takes hardly two minutes to configure and get everything in place.

@Manal : You lazy chap! (Just a mere joke. Meant to be taken in good humour ;-) )
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(08-05-2019, 02:07 PM)sohamb03 Wrote: I amnt as lazy. I HATE CLOUDFLARE!

IT'S THE LAST OPTION I WOULD PREFER. IT DOOMED ALL OF THE SITES WHERE I'D ADDED IT.

My preferred way is the .htaccess file redirection method. It takes hardly two minutes to configure and hey everything in place.

@Manal : You lazy chap! (Just a mere joke. Meant to be taken in good humour ;-) )

Pardon me and can you explain to me why do you hate Cloudflare?
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
Don't take it to heart but these are my personal views. All of the times I have used Cloudflare, none of my website ran well. They all shut down due to one reason or the other. You can say it's some sort of a superstition but this is what I've noticed.

Whatever it may be but I'm now sorry of hostile towards Cloudflare. It tends to cause a lot of DNS issues especially in registration systems due to which it becomes impossible to sign up.

P.S.: Whatever I've posted here are my personal views and not meant to hurt anyone's sentiments.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

A reason to hate Cloudflare in relation to the subject of "HTTPS"? You need to ask for such a thing? Man in the middle a.k.a breaking the SSL/TLS traffic and making the use of encryption of web traffic absolutely needless. One of the biggest security risks nowadays because literally everyone and everything uses or starts to use SSL/TLS everywhere.

It's like buying a door for your house but leaving it open all the time. Great attempt. F- for the implementation method.

The only thing I'd use CloudFlare for is their anycast DNS hosting. Or if you don't really care about HTTPS and host sites that hold no private or sensitive information you can use CloudFlare to mask the real origin of your site and server (if you do it right).
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(08-05-2019, 05:01 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: The only thing I'd use CloudFlare for is their anycast DNS hosting. Or if you don't really care about HTTPS and host sites that hold no private or sensitive information you can use CloudFlare to mask the real origin of your site and server (if you do it right).
Yeah @Hidden Refuge ... That's something which makes Cloudflare damn popular. To be honest, initially it was that feature only which appealed to me (not the HTTPS thing) for which is started using Cloudflare.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

(08-04-2019, 03:46 AM)deanhills Wrote: I think the better option is to have both together using the best of both.  Nginx serving as static web server front while Apache is processing the back end.

Here is an article of how best of the two can be combined together using Ubuntu OS:
https://hostadvice.com/how-to/how-to-con...in-ubuntu/

That article you linked doesn't really go over how to best optimize apache? I don't think adding the overhead of apache in a less ram environment is ideal enough + with the nginx overhead. It would make sense to optimize apache then install nginx and optimize it more further for the ram hogging.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting