arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I installed Phpmyadmin, and MySQL, and apache. For some reason, my phpmyadmin did not respond to MySQL for some reason, they didn't connect. Now; Phpmyadmin does not respond at all. I have tried uninistalling Phpmyadmin but it is the same result of 403 Forbidden. Should I just suggest a reinstall of the OS?

https://i.imgur.com/ERZDO6H.png
Thank you Post4VPS and BladeNode for VPS 6
Is the permission setup correctly for the directory where the phpMyAdmin files are? It is important that the web server group and user owns the directory and files. I see you're using Nginx. Which OS? On Debian/Ubuntu the user and group is usually always "www-data". On different OSs it might be the say or you might be able to specify your own custom user or there might be another user and group.

If permission is not an issue I would suggest to take a careful look at the files. Nginx usually will display a 403 page when you have no index file inside a directory. Like if you don't have index.php/html or similar in a folder you will get a 403 in the web browser when you open that location.

How did you install phpMyAdmin by the way? Please don't tell me you installed it through your package manager. phpMyAdmin is a simple and portable script: you download the archive with the files, extract it, configure it and it's ready to use. Package managers usually install very old version and change quite a lot unnecessary configurations to access phpMyAdmin over the browser.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(10-12-2019, 02:03 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: Is the permission setup correctly for the directory where the phpMyAdmin files are? It is important that the web server group and user owns the directory and files. I see you're using Nginx. Which OS? On Debian/Ubuntu the user and group is usually always "www-data". On different OSs it might be the say or you might be able to specify your own custom user or there might be another user and group.

If permission is not an issue I would suggest to take a careful look at the files. Nginx usually will display a 403 page when you have no index file inside a directory. Like if you don't have index.php/html or similar in a folder you will get a 403 in the web browser when you open that location.

How did you install phpMyAdmin by the way? Please don't tell me you installed it through your package manager. phpMyAdmin is a simple and portable script: you download the archive with the files, extract it, configure it and it's ready to use. Package managers usually install very old version and change quite a lot unnecessary configurations to access phpMyAdmin over the browser.

I am using Cent OS 7. I used the the terminal and followed a few tutorials on how to properly setup these services, but they were obviously out of date causing this to break. I installed Phpmyadmin but noticed it wasnt the newest, deleted it, reinstalled it, and have been encountering issues ever since.
So you did install it using the OS package manager, sadly. If I may know. How exactly did you delete it? Using the package manager or doing it manually? Deleting package files manually usually leads to big issues afterwards. That's my personal experience on different OSs with different packages that caused hours of troubleshooting and cleaning to restore things to work again after installing the package again using the package manager. I once even had to reinstall the whole OS when I was less experienced years ago.

Anyway. My suggestion to evade this issue and have a working phpMyAdmin installation would be to install it manually by downloading the latest version from the phpMyAdmin page, extracting it, configuring it initially and it'll be ready to use.

1. Go to https://www.phpmyadmin.net/downloads/ and copy the link to the latest version (get the tar.gz archive).
2. Download the file to your server.
3. Extract the tar.gz archive on your server.
4. Move the folder that was extracted to the web directory of your web server.
5. Go to the folder and rename "config.sample.inc.php" to "config.inc.php".
6. Open "config.inc.php" and adjust the $cfg['blowfish_secret'] = ''; line with a blowfish secret (you can generate one at http://www.passwordtool.hu/blowfish-pass...-generator).
7. Save the file.
8. Set proper ownership of the extracted folder to the user and group of your web server.

You're done. If you have further issues after that feel free to post them here and we can debug them to find a solution.

Alternatively I can help you install it (that would require me to have access to your server though).
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Thank you Hidden Refuge for fixing all my issues, you are absolutely terrific and I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me. Issues resolved!
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting