arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMD Continues to bully Intel & Compete against Nvidia
So, if you're a tech enthusiast, you must be aware of the current beating that amd has been giving to Intel in the terms of raw core count and performance comparisons, the newly launched Threadripper 3970X, and the confirmation of a 64 CORE! 128 thread variant is what I am talking about, though even the company themselves expressed those models for Hollywood creators, Its amazing that AMD is providing such price to performance, In my opinion, market competition is always good for the consumer, and AMD has always kept this market from stagnating from Intel, by beating the competition at almost half the cost,

AMD is also trying new tactics in the graphics market, and recently confirmed RX 5500 Series, though the benchmarks are yet to be released, It's expected to compete with GTX 1650, this has forced Nvidia to launch "SUPER" Variants of their cards with subtle improvements.

Let me know what you think about AMD's 2-way competition with Intel and Nvidia, and whether you're Team Red, Team Blue or Team Green Smile
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
Well TBH I wouldn't really say if I'm Team Red, Blue or Green. As a matter of fact, I like all the three and in particular the present ongoing competition is eye-catching.

These market competitions are good for the development of companies you know. This maintains the urge of each company to beat the other and in turn, release better and more productive products, that ultimately benefits the common people. Indeed, of late, AMD has quickly climbed up the ladder to compete with Intel and Nvidia, and now it's in the race with a very competent position.

Again, I'd like to say that I only appreciate healthy competition, if someone expects me to support the other one.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
I think AMD, Intel, and Nvidia target for different kinds of customers.

But having competition is still a good thing for all customers, as these main manufacturers continue to improve their chips.

(11-27-2019, 12:46 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: I think AMD, Intel, and Nvidia target for different kinds of customers.

But having competition is still a good thing for all customers, as these main manufacturers continue to improve their chips.

While you're right about Intel and Nvidia, AMD makes both processors as well as GPUs so It can be compared with both of them, basically during the past decade Nvidia has been known to be the king in the graphics department(and they still are), and Intel in the CPU department, but AMD is introducing new products that has brought about an interesting twist in both of the aforementioned markets
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
I like the competition in technology. If only one company would control the market, then we would have a monopoly, as it was before AMD. Therefore, I congratulate AMD and wish them a lot of success, as to Intel too, while hoping for more secured computing power to be developed.

The only sad thing is that there are not more brands fighting for better computing power, as technology would evolve even faster.
"as it was before AMD" .. no. as it was a while ago ( AMD was around you know, just doing work in silence and all that).

actually 3000 series ryzen processors are already better in almost every aspect, compared to intel. IPC , single thread performance etc. gaming top performance crown may still be intel's.

let us wait and see for how long that remains that way.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-02-2021, 04:08 PM
Last Post: debjit

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting