arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does CloudFlare harm your Search Engine Ranking
Hi Forum Members,
I am new here and this is my first query related to SEO, I am using CloudFlare on my most of domain names. I read somewhere that if you are using CloudFlare then your ranking may fluctuate due to spammy IP address assigned to your website.
No.
Cloudflare provides a lot of services such as CDN, Domain Registrar, DNS Record, Analytics, Secure communication settings ect...
None of them can help you to improve your search ranking.

The search ranking depends on your SEO score, content and popularity (sharing rate).
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
The IP addresses of Cloudflare are widely shared, it would hurt a lot of innocent websites if a few of them are spammy but the Google search engine crawler still penalized all websites served under Cloudflare.

The fact is that the Google search engine crawler is getting smart nowadays. So it would be unlikely to happen.

Please, don't spread wrong/false information @tryp4vps, you didn't post any proof regarding the issue that you point out, and as a reply I would like you to read this article: Improving SEO with Cloudflare
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
@LightDestory

I'm afraid you have misunderstood what @tryp4vps was trying to say in his post. I cannot say that it is that easy to misunderstood his post though. I think that I understood his post correctly on the first read already.

Let me try to rephrase what @tryp4vps said in a easy to understand way: It is unlikely that Google would punish websites behind CloudFlare that are good and absolutely innoncent just because those websites share a CloudFlare IP that is also known to host spammy or bad websites. Googles search engine is smarter than that.

@tryp4vps Correct me if I'm wrong please or otherwise maybe confirm what I said.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
@'Hidden Refuge' let me just confirm that your understanding is 100% correct, and also thank you for making it a bit more clear.

@LightDestory Please calm down. And in general when you try to say anyone is spreading wrong/false information, at least please point out exactly which part of the information is wrong/false. This will help avoid any possible misunderstanding for each other. Thank you. Smile

(01-14-2020, 11:30 AM)youstable Wrote: Hi Forum Members,
I am new here and this is my first query related to SEO, I am using CloudFlare on my most of domain names. I read somewhere that if you are using CloudFlare then your ranking may fluctuate due to spammy IP address assigned to your website.

I have been using Cloudflare for 2 years but I also use QUIC CDN and my website that uses Cloudflare does not have a negative impact on search engines !
Terminal
Solo Developer
(01-18-2020, 12:49 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: The IP addresses of Cloudflare are widely shared, it would hurt a lot of innocent websites if a few of them are spammy but the Google search engine crawler still penalized all websites served under Cloudflare.

The fact is that the Google search engine crawler is getting smart nowadays. So it would be unlikely to happen.

I disagree. Your first paragraph was not well written (check above). If I had read it fast, then I'd have come to the same conclusion as @LightDestory.

Part I thought was unfortunate however was @LightDestory's confrontational style. He could probably have asked you to clarify your point of view first. We at least now know what your point of view is on the topic and thank @"Hidden Refuge" for putting it in the right context as well.

Bottom line however. This kind of confrontational style discussion is discouraged by post4vps who prefers its members to respond to one another with courtesy and respect. I'm therefore going to close this discussion for now.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
09-24-2018, 02:47 PM
Last Post: TrK

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting