arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backlinks to Sponsor and Post4VPS
Hello there,

Currently thinking about this lately while surfing in Post4VPS. This has been my question for a few hours (so it's not so important, haha!). I don't know where to post this, either here or at private VPS support, but I think this should be here.

So, the case is: I have 2 running website that have seperate content. One for my own personal website, and one for my community website API (main website run at paid hosting but not allow me to have API that will require to run a cronjob every minute). I would like to make my personal website as my primary website that if you visit via IP, you will find my website instead of others.

So, the question is, is it actually allowed to put backlinks to sponsor and Post4VPS at my community website API instead of my personal website? Please note that my community website is not a primary website.

Cheers.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(03-22-2020, 02:09 PM)tiwil Wrote: Hello there,

Currently thinking about this lately while surfing in Post4VPS. This has been my question for a few hours (so it's not so important, haha!). I don't know where to post this, either here or at private VPS support, but I think this should be here.

So, the case is: I have 2 running website that have seperate content. One for my own personal website, and one for my community website API (main website run at paid hosting but not allow me to have API that will require to run a cronjob every minute). I would like to make my personal website as my primary website that if you visit via IP, you will find my website instead of others.

So, the question is, is it actually allowed to put backlinks to sponsor and Post4VPS at my community website API instead of my personal website? Please note that my community website is not a primary website.

Cheers.

Hi @tiwil. I've just noticed you have VPS 13 in your profile. Is it possible to remove it as of course the Plan has been cancelled and you haven't been a VPS Holder for a few months. It may be confusing to members who read your support request.

I take it that you are interested to get a VPS with post4vps again or are you going to use the links with your paid VPS? You obviously don't need to put any back links with a paid VPS except out of courtesy if you want to do something nice for the VPS host. But if it is for a free VPS from post4vps, I'm sure it will be OK to put a back link with the community site. As far as I can see from the VPS Sponsor requirements they don't specify exactly where the back link should be added. Only that there has to be a back link provided as well as a signature link.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(03-22-2020, 02:42 PM)deanhills Wrote: Hi @tiwil.  I've just noticed you have VPS 13 in your profile.  Is it possible to remove it as of course the Plan has been cancelled and you haven't been a VPS Holder for a few months.  It may be confusing to members who read your support request.

Hahaha, I want to keep it pleaseeee :p. Just until next month giveaway. I'll be participating again in the giveaway. Fighting for the best VPS I could have.

(03-22-2020, 02:42 PM)deanhills Wrote: I take it that you are interested to get a VPS with post4vps again or are you going to use the links with your paid VPS? You obviously don't need to put any back links with a paid VPS except out of courtesy if you want to do something nice for the VPS host.  But if it is for a free VPS from post4vps, I'm sure it will be OK to put a back link with the community site.  As far as I can see from the VPS Sponsor requirements they don't specify exactly where the back link should be added.  Only that there has to be a back link provided as well as a signature link.

As I said above Dean, I'm going to apply again for next month giveaway. That's why I ask this question since I don't find it's stated clearly where to put the backlink. So the most important thing is, there SHOULD be a backlink right? Sponsor doesn't care where to post it right?

Thanks Dean.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(03-23-2020, 06:02 AM)tiwil Wrote: Hahaha, I want to keep it pleaseeee :p. Just until next month giveaway. I'll be participating again in the giveaway. Fighting for the best VPS I could have.

As I said above Dean, I'm going to apply again for next month giveaway. That's why I ask this question since I don't find it's stated clearly where to put the backlink. So the most important thing is, there SHOULD be a backlink right? Sponsor doesn't care where to post it right?

Thanks Dean.

OK no problem @tiwil if you are so attached to VPS 13 go for it.  I have an understanding for it as I'm equally sentimental about my VPS 9.  In the meanwhile I look forward to your application for a new VPS in April.  

You're right.  I tried to Google our Forum and couldn't find specifics about backlinks either.  Only the VPS Plans and it doesn't give detailed specs for how the backlinks should be applied.  I'm almost certain though that it would not matter where they were, as long as they were there.  In your case it would probably have more mileage for the sponsor to have the backlink in a community forum than a personal website.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting