arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CubeData  CubeData - VPS 8 - Review
Hello all! I am going on month two of using my VPS provided by @cubedata and I have learned a lot to say the least. In this review I will be breaking things down by my thoughts, some benchmarks followed by my current use and what I hope to accomplish with the VPS in the next month or so. So let’s get right into it. 

My thoughts:
I honestly did not know what to expect when I first got the keys and got behind the wheel of this VPS. As you will see in the benchmarks, there’s a lot of power behind this plan and honestly with my love of Wordpress I needed something that was going to be able to handle the load that my main site and developer site were going to produce. My last host, many of you noticed the long load times, but with the transition of my main site nearing completion I could not be happier. The panel was a little confusing for me to understand right off of the jump, but I quickly got use to it, using the built in HTML5 VNC client to fool around with things until I was able to get the VNC client built into macOS setup properly followed by getting SSH enabled so I can tinker even on my iPhone. I would say CubeData exceeds expectations with 99.99% uptime, so I know my clients and business will always be connected.

Pros:
Consistant uptime
Fast and easy to setup
Panel Tools are powerful, limited and direct

Cons:
I noticed with the Panel that the Virtual CDROM would often unmount itself while I was trying to get my server reset up and optimized.

Server Specs:
Virtualization: XenHVM
Web Server: Apache2
Configurations: Domain + Subdomains with SSL, SSH and MFA
Storage: 50GB
Memory: 3.91GB
Bandwidth: Unmetered 
Swap: Disabled
Network Card: Intel E1000

Benchmarks:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 CPU Model             : Intel® Xeon® CPU           X5560  @ 2.80GHz
 CPU Cores             : 2
 CPU Frequency         : 2800.136 MHz
 CPU Cache             : 8192 KB
 Total Disk            : 45.5 GB (4.3 GB Used)
 Total Mem             : 3833 MB (600 MB Used)
 Total Swap            : 4119 MB (0 MB Used)
 System uptime         : 5 days, 9 hour 23 min
 Load average          : 0.05, 0.03, 0.01
 OS                    : Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
 Arch                  : x86_64 (64 Bit)
 Kernel                : 4.15.0-123-generic
 TCP CC                : cubic
 Virtualization        : Xen
 Organization          : AS40676 Psychz Networks
 Location              : Houston / US
 Region                : Texas
 I/O Speed(1st run)    : 211 MB/s
 I/O Speed(2nd run)    : 232 MB/s
 I/O Speed(3rd run)    : 202 MB/s
 Average I/O speed     : 215.0 MB/s
 Node Name        Upload Speed      Download Speed      Latency     
 Speedtest.net    937.72 Mbps       927.97 Mbps         1.59 ms     
 Shanghai   CU    1.06 Mbps         287.86 Mbps         314.52 ms   
 Guangzhou  CT    0.18 Mbps         124.39 Mbps         230.33 ms   
 Shenzhen   CU    0.27 Mbps         232.71 Mbps         303.80 ms   
 Hongkong   CN    464.33 Mbps       368.77 Mbps         190.04 ms   
 Singapore  SG    388.06 Mbps       301.57 Mbps         212.40 ms   
 Tokyo      JP    191.15 Mbps       23.63 Mbps          151.87 ms   

My plans for the future:
With this server going above and beyond my expectations, some of my plans for the future is to continue developing softwares and CMSs that I've had in development for a while now along with venturing into new technologies such as creating an AI Assistant for said projects.The sky is the limit and I see my self keeping up with and continuing to maintain access to this VPS until I out grow it. One thing I would like to do is create a small mail server, so I can move my email from gmail to have a [email protected], but that can come at a later time and date. Thank you once again to Post4VPS and @cubedata for the wonderful server.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
Good and simple review loved reading it! That is indeed a really amazing VPS with 4GB of RAM and 2 CPU Core and 50GB Disk and internet speed damn! I wish if you added more things to your review like GeekBench.
That disk speed is really optimal too!
I see you have many good future plans for the usage of the VPS Good luck with your all projects and developments.

Regards,
sAmI
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

(11-19-2020, 08:00 PM)sAmI Wrote: Good and simple review loved reading it! That is indeed a really amazing VPS with 4GB of RAM and 2 CPU Core and 50GB Disk and internet speed damn! I wish if you added more things to your review like GeekBench.
That disk speed is really optimal too!
I see you have many good future plans for the usage of the VPS Good luck with your all projects and developments.

Regards,
sAmI

Thanks! Yeah I could do a GeekBench score when I get home, I am currently without my MacBook Pro its in the shop so I am limited to my connection for the time being.
Nice review @tbelldesignco. Really enjoyed reading this. I see there is an internet speed improvement for Speedtest which now is around 1GBit/s. When I was having this VPS it's only around 200-300MBit/s. Nice improvement or it's my configuration? No idea Tongue.

(11-19-2020, 02:28 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: Cons:
I noticed with the Panel that the Virtual CDROM would often unmount itself while I was trying to get my server reset up and optimized.

I have never came to this issue. Probably you load the harddisk first then virtual CDROM. If yes then you need to change it first, so the CDROM will be the first to mount then harddisk. When you done you can just keep the configuration but unmount the CDROM. Next time you need to mount it will automatically boot there after you restart the server.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(11-20-2020, 12:05 AM)tiwil Wrote: Nice review @tbelldesignco. Really enjoyed reading this. I see there is an internet speed improvement for Speedtest which now is around 1GBit/s. When I was having this VPS it's only around 200-300MBit/s. Nice improvement or it's my configuration? No idea Tongue.

I have never came to this issue. Probably you load the harddisk first then virtual CDROM. If yes then you need to change it first, so the CDROM will be the first to mount then harddisk. When you done you can just keep the configuration but unmount the CDROM. Next time you need to mount it will automatically boot there after you restart the server.

Oh no I had that correct, there was just some random glitch where the image would unseat itself if you refreshed the page. I got it all sorted in the end, but I was like woah why is this disk image not loading.
(11-20-2020, 02:42 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: Oh no I had that correct, there was just some random glitch where the image would unseat itself if you refreshed the page. I got it all sorted in the end, but I was like woah why is this disk image not loading.

Glad to know it is now working. Enjoy your VPS 8 Party. Cubedata must be proud of you if you are getting benefit when using their VPS. Thanks for your great review also.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
What a cool review of the VPS 8 from CubeData. And glad to know you have made good uses of this powerful VPS.

It seems you also have some nice future plans. Hope you will share with us here if there is any progress on your plans. Smile

Just a reminder here for those who may have forgotten.  Only make a post in a review if you have a question of substance to ask, or you have a specific point to make, or you've noticed something in the review that should be highlighted.

If you like a review but don't have anything of substance to contribute, except to say it is great and to thank the author for posting it, then please use the "Rate" button/tool instead.  You can find it at the bottom of the post window of the OP.  The rate window provides opportunity for posting a thank you note as well.

One-liner "thank you" posts will definitely be removed from the discussion as it takes away from the quality of the discussion and encourages others to "spam" as well.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-18-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: fChk
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Host4Fun  VPS 1 Review
05-11-2021, 10:34 PM
Last Post: fChk
04-30-2021, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting