arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recover corrupted hard drive data
(04-28-2021, 01:38 PM)hamed Wrote: Please read the topic thoroughly first and then comment. Thank you
That's a rude thing to say!.. but  here is the kicker. The problem is that I did read the thread thoroughly -as I usually do, thank you- that's why I concluded that your conclusion may be too simplistic, in the sense that you're willing to throw away the entire HDD while may be it's simply a corrupt system partition issue.

Now!.. Do you know what a corrupt system partition means? because your answer bellow sounds like you don't have a clue what I was talking about!!

(04-28-2021, 01:38 PM)hamed Wrote: No, I have tested with another hard drive and Windows has run perfectly without any problems. The problem is not the computer or boot.

To diagnose a corrupt system partition issue, you boot from a USB and you run the usual checks on the problematic HDD. Normally, if you're in the situation of a dead HDD, it won't even show up BUT IF IT DOES then the odds are that you have a corrupt system partition and you need to fix it for things to run smoothly again.

This is what you needed to do to comply with my advice bellow:
(04-16-2021, 08:22 PM)fChk Wrote: As far as I can see/read, the problem here is an un-bootable system, not a 'dead' hard drive.

It's one thing to have a corrupt system partition that end up making the system unable to boot and it's an entirely different thing to have a completely -and definitively- dead hard drive.

Thus you have to first rule out the first option before jumping to replace the hard drive... and I hope you know how to fix a corrupt system partition.

Next time I see a help thread of yours, I'll just skip it!..
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
@fChk

Welcome to my level of misery when dealing with OP.

@hamed you should be careful with what you're saying. @fChk actually has a thing right on this. You know apart from a broken HDD it could actually be broken partitions or broken filesystem, too. You have given us little information to guess what could be wrong with your with your drive. Not even a screenshot of your actual BSOD (blue screen) you mentioned. Did you even research the meaning of the error code(s)? And like you could have actually booted from a Windows installation DVD or thumb drive and could have performed chkdsk with parameters to repair the partition / filesystem on which your OS is on. The moderator who replied to this topic gave you a slight hint towards this (while not fully talking about what I mean).

As always we had to squeeze information out of you... So listen once to people who actually know what they are talking about. However, given the little information you provided I could guess that it might be indeed still related to some kind of HDD failure / issue. I had the very same issues or absolutely similar issues which were indeed caused by dead HDDs or dead sectors on the HDDs. I did a lot more diagnose and tried many other things like OS reinstallation and etc. Nothing helped at the end because nothing of that can fixed the HDD or the dead sectors. Not even data recovery software like EaseUS and etc. worked at the end when the whole HDD turned into the RAW format.

Honestly this reply and the reply to your other topic about DDoS protection service might be the last reply you get from me and @fChk... they way you treat people who try to help you. In general you seem to be lacking understanding and respect for people who are attempting to help you. Your self defense however seems to be over 9000... instantly clashing with people. And your ignorance about things... don't get me started.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(04-28-2021, 03:52 PM)fChk Wrote: That's a rude thing to say!.. but  here is the kicker. The problem is that I did read the thread thoroughly -as I usually do, thank you- that's why I concluded that your conclusion may be too simplistic, in the sense that you're willing to throw away the entire HDD while may be it's simply a corrupt system partition issue.

Now!.. Do you know what a corrupt system partition means? because your answer bellow sounds like you don't have a clue what I was talking about!!

To diagnose a corrupt system partition issue, you boot from a USB and you run the usual checks on the problematic HDD. Normally, if you're in the situation of a dead HDD, it won't even show up BUT IF IT DOES then the odds are that you have a corrupt system partition and you need to fix it for things to run smoothly again.

This is what you needed to do to comply with my advice bellow:

Next time I see a help thread of yours, I'll just skip it!..

I did not really mean to disrespect you. And thanks for the tips. But I gave the burned hard drive to a repairman and he said that this hard drive burned out due to heat and high heat. He fixed it but I could only restore my files and I can no longer use him. Do you have a better offer if this happens again?
Thanks Post4VPS
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting