arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you manage your Windows 7 updates?
(04-17-2018, 04:55 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: I just do not enable automatic updates.

Most of the updates are not really useful, or like beta software that have not been fully tested. Automatic updates are only for those lazy users, or users who do not mind using their PC resources to help Microsoft testing its software.

For me, I would only manually install important security updates that are really necessary. For example the recent security fix for Intel processors.

If you check my OP I'm not on automatic updates either.  I'm on "let me choose".  I'm almost certain the problem came from the latest roll up.  Like it's impossible to break down the roll ups.  Or it could have been a Windows update.  There were two roll ups and a number of Windows updates.  Don't know whether you've noticed that even if one Googles an update, one still doesn't always know what the update's supposed to do, or what will be effected by the updates.  At least with the restore function, there is a way one can check what software or functions of the computer will be affected by going back to a restore point.  Wish Microsoft could do something similar for the updates.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-12-2018, 10:27 AM
Last Post: chanalku91
05-23-2018, 09:19 AM
Last Post: sagher

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting