arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to change the port number on CentoS 7
When I set up VPS 9 again (wow the speed is unbelievable - like super fast) first thing I did after changing the password was to change the port number as well.  This was the first time when I did it successfully without having to think about it much.  Was very happy when PUtty worked OK with the new port number.  Almost forgot however to fix the new port number for my FileZilla user panel.  

BTW.  One should never load VestaCP before the new port has been set up, as then one has to do all kinds of changes to the IP tables in fail2ban.  Like much easier to set up the new port, and then load VestaCP as VestaCP then uses the new port number to set up the firewall and fail2ban settings.  I noticed VestaCP doing just that while the script was in the process of being loaded.  And did it load fast!  I was super impressed.  And completely baffled why no one applied for VPS 9.  Guess this was my lucky day.  I'm keeping my VPS 9 Phoenix now for long as it lasts and Dynamo is OK with it. It feels as though I've come home to a VPS that is magical. This is probably the best VPS I'll ever be able to afford to have with these fantastic specs. Virmach also must have done something how it creates its VPSs, as the handling of the VPS is just incredibly smooth, particularly when I compare it with my Contabo VPS.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to change Port 22 on CentoS 7 - by Vuluts - 07-02-2018, 01:50 PM
RE: How to change Port 22 on CentoS 7 - by Rehan - 07-02-2018, 03:03 PM
RE: How to change Port 22 on CentoS 7 - by deanhills - 04-09-2019, 11:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-13-2020, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Mashiro
12-16-2019, 06:52 AM
Last Post: youssefbasha

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting