arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yandex Domain Mail Configuration confusion - VestaCP & Domain Registrar?!
Background
The last time I tried Yandex two years ago, I couldn't get anywhere as the system dragged and I couldn't get past creating an account. I used to use Zoho mail for a long while and found it fairly easy to configure.  However just noticed Zoho has dropped their number of free domain users to five.  Yandex number is 1000.  Tongue

I've just started to get into Yandex again, and this time speed wise and access wise it's much easier, however I'm confused.  I managed to verify my domain by adding a yandex.html folder to the public folder of my domain.  But immediately after saying in my Yandex Dashboard the domain has been verified it says the MX records have not been created. HOWEVER when I navigate to the Yandex DNS Manager the MX records are there. I guess they're there to be added to either my VestaCP Domain DNS or Domain Registrar records?

Question
The domain is on my VestaCP and I'm planning to still create a WordPress site on it. I only want to use Yandex for hosting my mail, not my domain. My confusion is where do I need to add MX records or any other records (what are they?) - VestaCP or my Domain Registrar or both?

What Yandex records do I need to change or add to:

1. VestaCP DNS Manager Records?
2. Domain Registrar Records?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
Yandex Domain Mail Configuration confusion - VestaCP & Domain Registrar?! - by deanhills - 01-13-2019, 02:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-24-2018, 09:59 AM
Last Post: deanhills
09-25-2018, 08:25 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting