arrow_upward

Lack of quality content, member contributions and interest (state of the community)
Dear Post4VPS Community Forum Members & Staff

Preface

Before I begin to write down what I want to say by posting this thread I would like to take a few sentences and explain what exactly this is about and what it isn't about.

- This thread isn't supposed to be a complaint towards / about the community members or staff members.
- I don't attempt / plan to offend, irritate or attack anyone with statements made here.
- I simply want to summarize the overall state of the forum(s) based on my view.
- I will not present detailed and real examples to avoid identifying any member.

So please don't take the statements here personally or too serious. If you should feel offended, irritated or attacked, well, I'm sorry.

Issues

1. I would like to start with the point of quality content. Sadly there is not much new quality content. By that I mean that at some point members simply stopped posting useful things such as tutorials, guidelines, interesting discussions about some news, security tips and et cetera. So there is barely anything new and interesting or useful posted here during the last months. Instead members resort to posting in the same topic or create topics with already existing subjects (which is fine I guess because the rules forbid bumping even with contributions and encourage to open a new topic).

2. The next problem I see is simply the overall lack of contributions by members. I barely see anyone coming up with new ideas for things to keep this forum nice and active. If I see anyone then these are the people who are always active anyway and do their best but the rest shows no sign of interest. That's really sad because it makes the whole forum boring and slow (not in terms of loading speed of the site and et cetera).

3. Next up is the lack of interest. By that I mean what I already said above but also a bit more. Some members (no names) don't have any interest to have any kind of respectful communication. When you are trying to help them they evade answering simple questions that would provide information to find a solution. And then there is the general disrespectful way where certain members are absolutely bossy to everyone and everything. This isn't alright at all. They start to be sarcastic in every way when you TRY have a normal communication with them. Last but not least they mostly completely ignore almost everyone else.

There also seems to be barely any interest for the most members to help in support cases. That however might be maybe simply due to lack of knowledge. Otherwise however it is sad to see that only a few people care to help out and provide solutions and tips.

Discuss

How do you see the current state? What do you have to say about the statements? Do you agree? Do you disagree? Do you have anything to add?

I would like once again thank the members who are active here and help out where they can with their contributions. The staff also deserves a big thanks for keeping the forum clean and running.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]

Messages In This Thread
Lack of quality content, member contributions and interest (state of the community) - by Mashiro - 06-07-2019, 07:25 AM
reply - by deanhills - 06-11-2019, 08:07 AM
Lack of quality posts - by deanhills - 09-15-2019, 12:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting