arrow_upward

Poll: Do you recommend the use of Static Website Generators? If yes, which one do you recommend?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes. My choice is Jekyll
10.00%
Yes. My choice is Hugo
0%
Yes. I'm using a different one.
10.00%
No. I prefer the convenience of a Content Management System.
80.00%
Total
10 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you recommend Static Website Generators - Hugo or Jekyll? Or another one?
I think I went on this topic before on a different thread. I cannot recommend jekyll more than I can. I have used it, and its so seamless that even I forget about that it exists. It has a huge community support behind it (duh made by github) and the themes and the amount of plugins are there is plenty so you wouldn't need to even worry about that. Its just you set it up once and forget about it. I know most people don't like to use ruby cause the gems can be a pain in arse sometimes but its not totally bad it completely doable and its so lightweight in my machine that you wouldn't even notice it. Unless you have like lots of image to load (even that can be mitigated by the optimization it offers). It can generate and re-generate website on fly so you change a file and boom its live next time you refresh your website. Overall, jekyll was a pleasure to use and I would even use it to this day.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you recommend Static Website Generators - Hugo or Jekyll? Or another one? - by Kururin - 10-11-2019, 02:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
02-18-2020, 04:27 PM
Last Post: ikk157
09-19-2018, 10:42 AM
Last Post: perry

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting