arrow_upward

[PENDING] Give a OS list for each VPS plan
(10-12-2019, 06:40 PM)LightDestory Wrote: As already said, OpenVZ available oses are almost already listed and they don't change at all. See my previous message.
Regarding KVM, the topic gets a bit complicated and I don't have much data to purpose a solution but as I have previously mentioned, there must be a OS list because if you don't pay for "Custom ISO Mount" service then you have to choose from a list given by provider.

If these lists are publicly available it is easy to create a scraper/crawler to automate and update the listing.

This post wasn't intended to create troubles and excessive work to @deanhills and the other staff. 

I don't know much about @Dynamo (If I am not wrong, he coded the Point system of this forum) but it should be possible to automatize the Holder list using a custom PHP announce/page that reads record from a very basic database table.
Thanks @LightDestory. Also thank you to @tryp4vps. @LightDestory, this is a great suggestion and I know the intention is to serve the Forum and provide an additional service to VPS Holders. I personally support it. Let's see what Dynamo thinks about this. I know Dynamo likes to work on projects like these over the summer - although that was when he still was a student. Not sure what his current project priority status is, except as far as I know his next project was to create admin panels for the VPSs that don't have admin panels. I think that project is probably outranking the current suggestion. But there are always a few ways of doing something, if Dynamo sees it as a viable project. We may consult you about this once he has time to work through the suggestion.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give a OS list for each VPS plan - by deanhills - 10-13-2019, 05:13 AM
RE: Give a OS list for each VPS plan - by rudra - 10-29-2019, 01:16 PM
RE: Give a OS list for each VPS plan - by rudra - 10-29-2019, 03:37 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting