arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS 9 SELinux issues after upgrade to KVM
@"Hidden Refuge"

Following your remedy for fixing VPS 18 CentOS 7 Selinux issues, I can't help but wonder whether my VPS 9 issues after the upgrade to KVM are the same?

If you check the suggestion by Virmach, they ask one to disable Selinux (after the upgrade) for CentOS.  I was unaware it was for CentOS 7 specifically, but that was the OS I had loaded anyway.  I had to reload it 5 times while I was trying to change the port number, but got kicked out time and time again.  Yum also didn't look as though it loaded properly.

Virmach Upgrade to KVM Admin Wrote:For CentOS, please check to ensure SELinux is disabled. Check out this guide here. This should fix any issues you are having with polkit service as well as others.
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/...ng_selinux

Check your firewall rules. For example, there may be new rules set blocking port 80/443. Here is a good guide.
https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Network/IPTables

Attempt to start all your packages. For example, if your website is not working, ensure you attempt to start apache/nginx, MySQL, PHP, and any other related services. For most services, the command would be systemctl start or /etc/init.d/ start where is the service name. If there are any errors, it will usually be because of an incompatibility and you can install or update the appropriate services or contact us for assistance. If you contact us, please let us know exactly the services you are running and their configuration.

For web panels, first make sure you disable SELinux as instructed above. Then, check iptables as instructed above. cPanel needs /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/upcp to be ran afterward. For other panels we are investigating, but there is an issue with /etc/init.d files missing. Please restore this from your own backups or contact us to copy it over for you.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
VPS 9 SELinux issues after upgrade to KVM - by deanhills - 12-08-2019, 11:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-25-2020, 05:34 PM
Last Post: OldMeister
09-23-2018, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Kururin

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting