arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS 9 Troubleshooting Thread
Hello guys,

So this is my troubleshooting thread for the new KVM upgraded VPS 9 (CentOS users), for the users who hold these VPSes and might need help. I'll be posting the problems as well as fixes in this thread itself.

So this is the first one - Package Download Error.

When you're downloading any package you're likely to face this error. It'll say something like:
[font=monospace][root@sohamb03 ~]# yum install wget[/font]
[font=monospace]Downloading packages:[/font]
[font=monospace]Delta RPMs disabled because /usr/bin/applydeltarpm not installed.[/font]
[font=monospace]wget-1.14-10.el7_0.1.x86_64.rp FAILED[/font]
[font=monospace]http://repo.dimenoc.com/pub/centos/7.1.1503/os/x86_64/Packages/wget-1.14-10.el7_0.1.x86_64.rpm: [Errno 14] curl#6 - "Could not resolve host: repo.dimenoc.com; Unknown error"[/font]
[font=monospace]Trying other mirror.[/font]

Thus it'll basically deny all the mirrors for the file, although that'll work perfectly alright when you type that into your browser. The problem is that the nameservers are missing in /etc/resolv.conf

So here's the fix for this -
  • Get into the file causing the trouble.
    vi /etc/resolv.conf
  • Press the 'Insert' key and insert this line anywhere in the file.
    nameserver 8.8.8.8
  • Press the 'Esc' key and then type in ':wq' to save the file.
  • After saving the file, restart the network.
    systemctl restart network

And that's all. You should now be able to install any package without hassle. Hope this works for you. I'll be posting further problems and sharing the solutions, not only for the VPS 9 CentOS users, but also for others who might find it helpful. Smile

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!

Messages In This Thread
VPS 9 Troubleshooting Thread - by Sn1F3rt - 12-10-2019, 10:05 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting