arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How reliable is Ookla Speedtest for comparing speed of two VPSs?
(03-18-2020, 05:16 PM)AmirGT Wrote: That still doesn't seem to be a close location.
A month ago I got a VPS and I wanted to run speedtest so I downloaded the Python speedtest script and ran it without specifying a server and this was the result

[Image: 9074472302.png]

Good, right? I shared it with my friend and he told me to use the official speedtest CLI because it gives better results. I installed it and, specified a close server (UPC Romania) then ran speedtest and that was the result

[Image: c9e268f8-bb16-4821-8108-548ec26cf67b.png]

I even tried the same server with speedtest Python script and the official speedtest CLI, the official speedtest CLI was much faster. Did you know now why I asked you to use the official speedtest CLI and specify a close server?

Also about locating the IP you can use check-host.net it works very great and it also supports IPv6

the host is the same . the only differences is the ping . maybe at the time of the first one the network is less used at the time
or the host have 2 host on the same location but with the same name

if you want to select the server what i do is install a gui and a browser . but it isnt reccomended on low end vps
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-18-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: fChk

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting