arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Change SSHD's Port The Right-Way In CentOS 8
(05-10-2021, 04:20 AM)deanhills Wrote: How can a Panel script be that powerful?  After all of my hard work to change the port number and a script can nix it.
If you can do it then any script run as root can do it too!.. A script is just a series of commands like the ones that you painstakingly type at the keyboard!

Like I said in the VPS Management Mode thread and I quote:
(05-09-2020, 11:37 PM)fChk Wrote: When you depend on CP, you lose your freedom! As instead of dealing with an issue in its fundamental ways, you start thinking of it from the standpoint of the CP that you're using--which is never the cleanest way to approach a problem. Hence, why it's a necessity for you to AT LEAST BE AWARE OF ALL THE ASSUMPTIONS (explicit or implicit) THAT YOUR CP HAS. Which is sad because it's a futile and time-consuming exercise and really counter-productive in the long-run!...

The most important thing when using CPs is to be 100% aware of its assumptions; failing to do that chaos is guaranteed at some point.

By the way, @deanhills, can you move the VPS Management Mode thread from the 'General' forum to the 'VPS General Discussion' forum where it naturally belongs.

(05-10-2021, 04:20 AM)deanhills Wrote: And then I'm wondering.  If I can do without DNS, emails and FTP.  Then maybe I could do without a panel too.  Guess that's going to be my next project to figure out.
There you go !.. That's the spirit!!.. :-)

Everybody will come to realize -at some point- that reliance on third-party CPs has its shortcomings that can only overcome by doing things manually or via home-grown automating scripts.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to Change SSHD's Port The Right-Way In CentOS 8 - by fChk - 05-10-2021, 11:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-13-2020, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Mashiro
12-16-2019, 06:52 AM
Last Post: youssefbasha

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting