arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the concept of Jitter in the network and what does it do?
you didn't tell us about ping. what is ping time ?

also you say "An information packet may reach in 20 milliseconds and an information packet in 10 milliseconds, and the next one in 60 milliseconds and this delay time is Jitter."

which "delay time" are you talking about ? what does it say about the network and how can we use this measure ?

its difference to the ping is very important to elucidate the concepts here.

tell me....

a) can average ping time be huge ( say 300ms) and jitter almost 0 ?
b) can ping time be normal ( commensurate with channel type and length ) and yet jitter very high ??

c) can ping time at successive trials always be very uniform in value and yet high jitter ?

How will data download speed be affected by jitter ? by ping time ? what's the effect of ping time on voice communication ?
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the concept of Jitter in the network and what does it do? - by rudra - 06-28-2020, 07:52 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting