arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocket League goes Free to Play!
Yup you read that right!

Developer Psyonix has announced that Rocket League (The popular Esports title) will be going free to play and be removed from Steam Store and be available on Epic Game Store.

Now the biggest factor would be their method of earning? They explain that they'll be earning money through cosmetic upgrades in the game. (Also cross platform progression & competitive ranks).

They still haven't revealed everything and have asked to stay tuned for further releases, however they did confirm that players who already had bought the title on Steam would get to keep it, + the people who had bought the paid version will get the DLC content for free.

This transition is really interesting as recently CS:GO (Another popular Esports title) went Free to play, and so far their concurrent player counts has only increased after that. (Crossing 1 Million concurrent players and almost crossing Dota 2), perhaps free to play is the ideal business move in the upcoming Future? Only time will tell!

What do you guys think about this? Personally Rocket league was an interesting title for me but I never really got to buy it so I guess this would be the chance for me to give it a try.

Sources,

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/21/21332...tore-steam
https://www.essentiallysports.com/rocket...orts-news/
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!

Messages In This Thread
Rocket League goes Free to Play! - by Honey - 07-23-2020, 09:05 AM
RE: Rocket League goes Free to Play! - by Sn1F3rt - 07-23-2020, 04:12 PM
RE: Rocket League goes Free to Play! - by Honey - 07-25-2020, 10:56 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-24-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: sAmI
11-12-2019, 08:23 AM
Last Post: youssefbasha
09-03-2019, 03:31 PM
Last Post: adgod

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting