arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xiaomi vs Huawei and other budget brands
I wanted to make this topic a week ago before buying a new phone. But I have been quite busy with work stuff and real like situations so I couldn't be active in the forum to do that. So now I have already bought a new phone which is a Xiaomi Redmi 9.

My first choice was going for either Huawei Y6P or Y7. But Y6P has no Google Play Store. I know there are some alternatives and stuff but I just didn't want to go through the whole thing. Y7, 2019 model has PlayStore but I didn't feel it's worth its the price. I was told to check Xiaomi phones and I was quite surprised at prices they offer compared to features. I did my research and went through so many reviews. I shorted listed Redmi 9 and Redmi Note 9.  Redmi 9 has 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM. Here, We only have a 3GB 64GB version and 4GB 128GB versions of Note 9. I didn't want to go for a phone with 3GB RAM and the 4GB 128GB version was a bit expensive. The price difference was not worthy enough from what I saw. Redmi 9 has pretty good price vs features rato.

The only thing which was worrying me is I read some Xiaomi models have signal problems even Redmi 8 and Redmi Note 8 which have really good reviews apart from this. But bought the Redmi 9 and so far I haven't had any problem at all. I use 2 SIMs and both services work fine. Well, I bought 2 phones one for my sister and one for my self. I found a small problem with my sister's phone which sometimes it's hard to install apps in Google Store. Everything else works fine but just sometimes when trying to install an app it just shows downloading msg nothing happen. this phone also had 2 sims and only happens for one of these services so I don't think the problem is in the phone.

So far I'm really happy with it. I went to this Redmi 9 from an old Galaxy S4 which I used for about 5 years! S4 was released in 2013 and I bought it in 2016 I think. It had a few issues from the start. Mostly the battery drain and overheating problems. Apart from that S4 is amazing. But it's a flagship model. I still use it even though it's giving me more trouble now. It big lags and freezing from time to time. But I haven't formatted or done anything so it's normal. I just don't want to format it because it had few apps which are no longer available.

Anyway, What do you guys think of Xiaomi phones? I know Chinese phones kind of have a bad rep for been low-quality products but I wonder we can say that for brands like Xiaomi or Huawei.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Messages In This Thread
Xiaomi vs Huawei and other budget brands - by xdude - 08-21-2020, 02:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-14-2018, 05:31 AM
Last Post: sagher

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting