arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xiaomi vs Huawei and other budget brands
(08-24-2020, 08:00 AM)xdude Wrote: @Honey

I have the same problem with Google Pixel which I have with  Infinix which was suggested by @sagher. Both these brands are not known here. Where I live popular brands are Samsung, Apple, Huawei, Xiaomi, Vivo, and Oppo. These brands have Direct agents or offices of the company itself. So when it comes to technical support and Warranty it's an easy ride. This stuff is important especially when it comes to cheaper models of whatever the brand.  This is the reason I didn't even bother to try buying one online. Plus here we have 12% import tax for phones.

Huawei's mother company having trouble with several western governments, Not just the USA but the UK too. That's about 5G equipment. I think this phone problem is pretty much political. But yes it is a problem. New Models like Nova 7i, Y7P, Y6P all of these models don't have Google services. That is an issue and I think it has affected their sales. Other companies trying to milk the situation too. Her, Huawei has started offering a free product with all these new models. Nova gets a router and Y7P gets a smartphone etc. Right now Xioami trying to make the best out of the situation.  Budget models like Redmi Note 9 and Redmi 9 have a high demand here right now.

I'm quite happy with my Redmi 9 so far but several of my friends complain now they hear more background noises (fan) than before (B4 I used my Galaxy S4). I don't know if it's the phone or headphones. Need to check that.

Ah I see, indeed technical support is indeed a core point to take in consideration. It was not much of my concern because literally none of the companies provide official support in my country xD so If my mobile was to fail I would have had to visit the local technicians anyway.

I think the problem with Huawei and UK is more of politics than Security. UK previously allowed Huawei to setup their 5G systems but then suddenly said they did not want that, perhaps someone from the higher seat was pulling the strings? Wink
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xiaomi vs Huawei and other budget brands - by Honey - 08-25-2020, 06:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-14-2018, 05:31 AM
Last Post: sagher

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting