arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Monitor Firmware Update Story - Samsung SyncMaster 300 is reborn!
@"Hidden Refuge"  Thx for your feedback that hit just the right notes.  It was exactly the conclusion of my brother and law and I as well.  This morning we went to ask for money back and return of "new computer". Based on that the Windows 7 system ghost was unsuccessful and should never have been attempted on a new PC that has been created for Windows 10.  We could probably have started a war, but decided to go the "nice" way.  The owner of the computer shop apologized over and over again.  He doesn't want to take back the computer though.  And wants to compromise with going the route of changing the mother board of the "new computer" to resolve the issue of the graphics card that Windows 7 can't talk to.  I'd like to see what the end result is going to be.  Both my brother and law and I are feeling sorry for the staff who are involved.  It's tough times and no doubt their jobs are on the line.  The invoice said no exchanges allowed, but in South Africa there is a law that allows us to return goods that have been sold in the circumstances they have been sold to my brother in law.  It was a tough decision, but my brother and law chose not to go the "law" route for now and give them a chance to redeem themselves.  The owner in his "sales speech" for this compromise route said that once they've completed the ghosting we will have a meeting to check whether it is as we want to have it. My brother in law also thinks that since the Dell Inspiron is old (2012) it may be a good idea to have the new computer as a backup. And the owner as well as staff seem to be very alert to want to make it work, so hopefully all of it will work out OK.

Must say however this experience rattled both my brother and law and me. I guess on the positive side though I learned a lot. And when I was thinking about this during the day in the back of my mind, I was wondering how my experience here at the Forum and learning from people like you about Googling things and doing one's research contributed to fixing the monitor.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Monitor Firmware Update Story - Samsung SyncMaster 300 is reborn! - by deanhills - 10-07-2020, 07:59 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting