arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(05-09-2021, 03:43 PM)Mashiro Wrote: I don't think that you would experience such issues. However I cannot answer this question properly for 100%. I usually installed PHP memcached but never configured it or anything. It would use default values. So I never made the experience with memcached installed vs memcached not installed. Depending on what you host the difference might be small or barely noticable (also depends a lot on how much power your server has). I never experience the issues you are worried about though.

Thanks for the feedback @Mashiro.  Looks like in the end everything worked out.  The WordPress installation I created from CyberPanel was much more effortless than with VestaCP.  I was a bit taken aback by how long the CyberPanel script took to be installed in comparison with VestaCP, but maybe all of what has been included in the CyberPanel script makes for faster and more efficient management of Websites.  I had a WordPress installation up and running almost instantly. CyberPanel even asked me what php version I wanted.  There were 8 php versions to choose from.  I didn't have to look for any tools, they were all where they were supposed to be.  I've made a few posts, tinkered with the WordPress site, and everything has been fast.  No hickups.

I'm going to leave it for just the one Website for now, so I can figure out the VPS 9 SeLinux and Port issues of my VPS.  I'd rather fix the port properly, before I continue any further.  At least I've mastered CyberPanel for what I need it for.  For now.

For those who are still wondering whether CyberPanel is the right panel for you, you may want to check out these comments by Fitkoh:

fitkoh Wrote:Cyberpanel could use some improvement in default server configurations for rewrite rules, if they are going to have default configurations. I had to fix mine for permalinks. As several people have commented, there is some complexity in the setup of dns and mail - it's great that these options are in place but it would be better if it was easy to get them to work. Hopefully whoever among us figures it out first puts up a good tutorial.

One thing I didn't really like (I wouldn't call it a bug; maybe an unintended behavior) is that after a period of inactivity you are logged out. That's a sensible security precaution, and I appreciate it; however it would be nice if I could be notified or informed after I've been logged out, rather than fighting mystery error messages as I attempt to upload a file.

In comparison to webmin: I noticed the higher ram usage, but made some savings by converting my sites to shared hosting as opposed to each site in its own docker container. While cyberpanel itself uses more resources, I am running much more efficiently overall with the shared hosting setup. Unfortunately this means I haven't made any time to test the docker integrations

After a week of testing on the backup server I decided to reinstall my production server. I still have a few broken links around to tidy up, but overall I like it. The gui is much more intuitive than webmin or ISPConfig: I've used webmin quite a bit, and I've experienced the decline as modules became buggier and broken over the years. Given that RAM is much cheaper than it used to be I don't mind sparing a couple hundred MB to run a more modern panel with more active development and growing documentation. The good reviews also give me hopes of great community support in the future.

So in the early hours of the morning CyberPanel got nixed.  I was just about to go to bed when I thought to check my new WordPress Website.  It then came up with a strange WordPress page that said it could not be found.  However when you add wp-admin, it is there.  I Googled this to death, and through the process the very large and bulky CyberPanel started to irritate me.  When I checked File Manager I started to notice all kinds of files I didn't like.  @fitkohas correct about the default server configurations for rewrite rules. I think it was at the root of the problem.

Then what finally did it was while I was searching for an uninstall command I couldn't find one.  CyberPanel is too bulky, too heavy and to complicated for me.  It seems to want to take over my whole VPS instead of a light and easy on VPS specs panel - seen but not heard.  So I guess my next project is going to be @sohamb03 suggestion of the Belgian Fork of VestaCP.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
CyberPanel - by xdude - 10-11-2020, 02:12 PM
RE: CyberPanel - by fitkoh - 10-11-2020, 05:29 PM
RE: CyberPanel - by ikk157 - 10-11-2020, 06:07 PM
RE: CyberPanel - by tiwil - 10-20-2020, 12:00 PM
RE: CyberPanel - by tbelldesignco - 10-21-2020, 03:34 PM
RE: CyberPanel - by xdude - 10-21-2020, 04:37 PM
RE: CyberPanel - by tbelldesignco - 10-21-2020, 06:35 PM
RE: CyberPanel - by tiwil - 10-22-2020, 01:55 AM
RE: CyberPanel - by Sn1F3rt - 10-24-2020, 10:07 AM
RE: CyberPanel - by xdude - 10-25-2020, 07:06 AM
RE: CyberPanel - by deanhills - 10-24-2020, 09:58 PM
RE: CyberPanel - by fitkoh - 11-19-2020, 07:25 PM
RE: CyberPanel - by tiwil - 11-21-2020, 07:34 AM
RE: CyberPanel - by xdude - 11-04-2020, 01:34 PM
RE: CyberPanel - by Shaun8 - 11-08-2020, 07:26 PM
RE: CyberPanel - by deanhills - 05-09-2021, 02:49 PM
RE: CyberPanel - by Mashiro - 05-09-2021, 03:17 PM
RE: CyberPanel - by deanhills - 05-09-2021, 03:32 PM
RE: CyberPanel - by Mashiro - 05-09-2021, 03:43 PM
RE: CyberPanel - by deanhills - 05-09-2021, 07:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting