arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Installing Wordpress Mulitsite
(10-12-2020, 12:12 AM)fitkoh Wrote: Nice tutorial, and the dev part of your site loads nicely.

The tutorial also looks well written and easy to follow (although I don't use phpmyadmin, it would be redundant in my current setup).

One possible improvement you could make would be to install phpmyadmin in something other than a default directory, which would minimize risk of intrusion.

As an extension of this tutorial, or as in idea for another one in the future, would be to do a subdomain multisite network tutorial in addition to/instead of the subdirectory method.

Thank you for the feedback! I can look into the subdomain options, I have not played with them and just with how fickle the mod_rewrite settings for Wordpress are I have always shot for the subdirectory option. As for phpMyAdmin, you can set allowed IP Addresses so if you are not using it from localhost you can set it for your public IP address to minimize security vulnerabilities.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.

Messages In This Thread
Installing Wordpress Mulitsite - by tbelldesignco - 10-11-2020, 11:55 PM
RE: Installing Wordpress Mulitsite - by fitkoh - 10-12-2020, 12:12 AM
RE: Installing Wordpress Mulitsite - by tbelldesignco - 10-12-2020, 12:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
09-06-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Manal

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting