arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to fix mysql errors in phpmyadmin when importing a database
Error? What error? I don't see any errors. At best it is a warning to act now to prevent issues in the future.
Quote:Warning: Using unique option prefix pass instead of password is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use the full name instead.

The warning is telling you that the passwords in your backup script should no longer use the pass prefix and instead use the password prefix. The pass prefix is deprecated and will be removed in future versions of MySQL servers or phpMyAdmin. Once that is removed and you try to import something with the pass prefix only then you will actually get errors because MySQL or phpMyAdmin will not recognize the pass prefix as a valid operation.

You mention it is an old forum. So it must have been from a server that used a much older MySQL server version and probably a much older phpMyAdmin version. So the backup of the databases uses an older style / structure where the pass prefix was still a up to date and widely used thing.

sql backups are usually plain text files. You can open them with a advanced text editor like Notepad++ and do "search and replaced" for pass to passsword prefix. If the backup is something like xyz.sql.bz or xyz.sql.gz you simply have to extract the archive to get the .sql file.

I would recommend to take a look into the source of the .sql database file and find the places that use the pass prefix.

Regarding your phpMyAdmin only having imported the basic structure but not the actual data... ehm. There is an option for that when importing but I don't remember how it is called. It's been a few years since I used phpMyAdmin or similar applications. I did experience the same issue and found the option by trial and error.

I think so... at least. It's been long ago.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to fix mysql errors in phpmyadmin when importing a database - by Mashiro - 11-26-2020, 05:51 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
11-27-2020, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Rehan
10-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: deanhills
10-12-2019, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Rzarcasm

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting