arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes the best things in life are free. (Racknerd Review)
(11-28-2020, 04:56 PM)sohamb03 Wrote: Hey,

Great to know you could get yourself a free VPS, and IMO your thread title is right, although not always but sometimes things that give you true happiness are free.

Coming to the VPS, it's a little rocket that is quite evident from it's benchmarks and overall performance analysis. However, the RAM would mostly limit you from hosting production applications on the VPS, even if it was 1GB, I could have moved a couple of my production APIs to that VPS, in case I was the owner.

But anyway it's a good machine for testing purposes, and I'm sure you'll make the best use of it.

Good luck! Smile

A local expression: "When it rains, it pours."

I might have done a little too well with the RackNerd Black Friday/Cyber Monday celebration. It isn't over yet, and I'm up to 3 wins. In addition to the little Ryzen Rocket(love this term lol) in LA, I won another one in LA, this one with 1GB, and another .5GB mini, this one on the East Coast, which is super close to me  Smile

I told the giveaway admins that I didn't need them all, and was happy to give back to the winners pool so they could go to someone else, but got no reply... I think the poor souls are just too darn busy with Black Friday business to deal with it... so for now I'm stuck with all these servers and no idea what to do with them all. I'm re-examining my panel decisions: with now 6 vps to manage I might need to opt for a panel that has functional clustering so I can manage them concurrently... either that or power them down until I find a use for them. Three VPS in the same datacenter seems to be an opportunity... for something... just not sure what yet :Smile Maybe set up database/slave replication with load balancing? It could be a fun project, and since such a set up is for redundancy, if I don't decide to renew the vps I won't lose anything I wasn't dependent on.

I had a thought to ask RackNerd if I could donate some of my wins to the P4V community; but I don't know how much  work is involved from their end or our end to add a new offering... but I think someone in the community would like to experience the Ryzen + NVME combo that they're putting out now. It's a vast improvement over their prior service, and I just hate to see anything go to waste. If anyone has a good idea of what to do with a couple of these tight little boxes feel free to share Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes the best things in life are free. (Racknerd Review) - by fitkoh - 11-28-2020, 07:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-18-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: fChk
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Host4Fun  VPS 1 Review
05-11-2021, 10:34 PM
Last Post: fChk
04-30-2021, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting