arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cyberpanel + webmin = fastest web server ever
(12-25-2020, 06:38 AM)fChk Wrote: Any progress here ?.. Did you test those ideas yet?...
I started out trying to test some things.

First, I wanted to try to mount a remote disk as /home, since cyberpanel uses /home as its web dir. The set up process worked fine, but I started encountering permissions errors when trying to read from the disk (writing worked fine). I'm assuming this has something to do with the way cyberpanel handles user permissions and those permissions not translating to the remote system. As for now, my cyberpanel install is broken, and can no longer read/restore my backup folder. The backups are still there, I just have to access them a different way. Maybe I'll have more success if I set up the remote disk BEFORE cyberpanel is installed, so there won't be any permission changes after the install to mess things up.

Regarding a squid cache in front of the web server: I think this could work out very well, but I had a bit of trouble finding a proper tutorial. I know the tutorial I'm looking for is out there, but I can't seem to get the right results out of google. Every search query I try gives me the same thing: How to set up squid as a proxy server for accellerated web browsing. The squid config file is like a small novel. I could probably figure it out just reading the config and comments, but it'd take a long while. Any suggestions on this would be appreciated.

Eventually, I decided with the holidays in full swing to put everything off for a bit. Over the next week I'm going to migrate everything onto my backup server so I can give myself a nice clean sandbox to play in. The backup server won't match the performance of my current setup, but with 2GB RAM and 500GB disk  it should do fine holding everything  until I can get everything moved back and around and cleaned up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: cyberpanel + webmin = fastest web server ever - by fitkoh - 01-02-2021, 06:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-09-2021, 07:46 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting