arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making VPS Reviews More Beneficial for Sponsors
(12-23-2020, 06:39 PM)phoenixwolf Wrote: (...) Now I want to be clear I do not do this for reviews or more hits on my website. I do this to help others.

When I first started and did not have a penny to my name, I did this because I relied on free hosting to run my business. At one point, I had over 30 free hosting accounts and wrote around 14 posts per day to keep up. Now that I am older and have been doing this for over 10 years, I can now give back to the community.

Using the name in front of the VPS plan is an awesome idea and will help us get exposure.
Thanks @phoenixwolf! We've finally got a sponsor's reaction on the matter!..

To my mind, VPS providers main objective for sponsoring VPSs in such post2host services is(/ought to be) name(/brand) recognition, ie maximum exposure to potential customers, be it towards forum members or random forum visitors attracted by various topics featured on the board. This is why I've kept insisting on improving the forum's content...

Thus anything featuring a sponsors' name on the board can only improve exposure in that regard.

From my own experience, I wasn't aware of any P4V VPS providers before I joined the community back in 2018, but now I do have few go-To names that I can confidently recommend to others.

(12-23-2020, 06:39 PM)phoenixwolf Wrote: (...) I also want to make sure that when people do a review on a VPS, people are honest and gentle and remember that VPS providers are using their resources to offer free VPS hosting. I know it's not free for members as you have to post, but it costs the VPS provider resources and an IP address that a paid user could be using.

Try to do your best to put up a positive review, and when it's time to post something negative to be kind about it. Allow VPS providers to solve the issue and then do a follow-up review or reply to explain that it was resolved. Everyone makes mistakes, but it's how we fix those mistakes that make a difference.
Personally, I can only guarantee a honest, fair and potentially actionable review to the relevant VPS provider. This is after all what the provider needs to assess the quality of his service from a client-perspective; thus better be the sponsored client than the paid one if any criticism is due. of course, the presumption here is that we're all civil around here and that the language we use is of the constructive kind.

Thus I will interpret the "Try to do your best to put up a positive review..." as meaning constructive, and in that sense, we agree.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making VPS Reviews More Beneficial for Sponsors - by fChk - 01-01-2021, 07:29 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting