arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BladeNode  server_name/wp-admin/
(01-05-2021, 06:49 AM)deanhills Wrote: Thanks @tbelldesignco for the feedback.  So blame is squarely with WordPress script.  I'm glad it will be fixed in the next version.  I'd imagine since so many cpanel users will be shifting to DirectAdmin that it would be important for WordPress to sort that out.

What would be interesting though for me since I installed WP manually, is whether the same issue would have arisen if I had used the Softaculous Installer in the Panel instead of installing WP manually?

I think I need to add a new domain to my DirectAdmin Panel and check how to do SSL, so maybe a next review will cover that.  Also check out the Softaculous Installer.  I mostly avoid the Softaculous Installer as in my experience with VPS and Softaculous on a VPS is that when the VPS life comes to an end or if one needs to change, the installation goes down with the VPS and the Websites go down.  So VPS wise I've opted for installing WP from the command line only.  And then to use the All in One WP Migration Plugin for making it as portable as I can by importing and exporting my backups regularly.

Just to add here, with CyberPanel it has a WordPress Installer that is brilliant.  It only asks you to complete five bare essential questions and then creates the installation instantly, including the databases.  It's completely minimalist.  For me it has been the best and fastest WP installer experience so far.

Yes I very much agree with your statements on Softaculous. Even with cPanel I never installed wordpress that way, because I never found it reliable and sometimes the updates that it pulls will become corrupt. I have always installed it from the built in installer and had zero issues, but I do understand the need for simplicity. It's always so much easier when you can quickly fill in essential fields and an installer does the rest.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.

Messages In This Thread
server_name/wp-admin/ - by deanhills - 01-03-2021, 09:25 PM
RE: server_name/wp-admin/ - by phoenixwolf - 01-04-2021, 12:06 AM
RE: server_name/wp-admin/ - by deanhills - 01-04-2021, 01:24 AM
RE: server_name/wp-admin/ - by tbelldesignco - 01-04-2021, 02:20 PM
RE: server_name/wp-admin/ - by deanhills - 01-05-2021, 06:49 AM
RE: server_name/wp-admin/ - by tbelldesignco - 01-05-2021, 02:39 PM
RE: server_name/wp-admin/ - by TrK - 01-06-2021, 05:34 AM
RE: server_name/wp-admin/ - by deanhills - 01-06-2021, 06:37 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting