arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Change URL of a myBB Forum
(04-24-2021, 07:34 PM)Mashiro Wrote: A domain change on a forum using MyBB... Oh dear. That was a long time ago. Like over 5 years ago and it was the only one I ever did with the speciality of changing the domain of the forum after moving it.

Even if I try to remember I can't really come up with much more information than @deanhills has already shared. The cookie setting is important. If it is in a bad configuration state you will not be able to login into the forum or the administration panel. It will kick you out instantly after login due to issues with the cookies. That is a issue I can remember that I experienced, too.

I'm not sure if I made any other changes in any configuration files or even the database. Sorry.

I did a few Wordpress migrations with domain name changes and there it was a little more work. You had to change things in the settings and also in the database. That was so... at least when I did the migrations. Also quite a long time ago.

I might not be really helpful here.

Yeah I was going to mention the Database, I am not super sure of the structure for MyBB, but I know with vBulletin and I believe XenForo you have to make changes in the database as well or you will get stuck in the weird 503 infinity loop error and/or assets such as themes, images etc will not link correctly.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.

Messages In This Thread
How to Change URL of a myBB Forum - by xdude - 04-24-2021, 01:05 PM
RE: How to Change URL of a myBB Forum - by tbelldesignco - 06-10-2021, 05:57 PM
RE: How to Change URL of a myBB Forum - by xdude - 05-25-2021, 01:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-02-2021, 10:12 AM
Last Post: tryp4vps

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting